low sweat score - not digesting food

mlejcbs

thank you for your responses - I have met only opposition on her getting a genetic test done. I would like to have the Ambry test done but I don't think her GI will order it and when I called the Pulmonary Clinic (the CF clinic at the hospital) they said that CFers have greasy stools not mucus filled stools and then I started to think - Well maybe I AM crazy to keep pursuing this. Then again, no one here has said anything about how it HAS to be a greasy stool. So hopefully I have been enough of a pain in the neck to our GI that he will send me to someone else when I ask him to - maybe THEY will order it. Otherwise we will have to pay out of pocket to have it done I think and DH is not so on board with that. He thinks she will simply grow out of whatever is wrong I guess.

mlejcbs

thank you for your responses - I have met only opposition on her getting a genetic test done. I would like to have the Ambry test done but I don't think her GI will order it and when I called the Pulmonary Clinic (the CF clinic at the hospital) they said that CFers have greasy stools not mucus filled stools and then I started to think - Well maybe I AM crazy to keep pursuing this. Then again, no one here has said anything about how it HAS to be a greasy stool. So hopefully I have been enough of a pain in the neck to our GI that he will send me to someone else when I ask him to - maybe THEY will order it. Otherwise we will have to pay out of pocket to have it done I think and DH is not so on board with that. He thinks she will simply grow out of whatever is wrong I guess.

mlejcbs

mlejcbs

mlejcbs

Alyssa

yes there are a few people on this board with single digit sweat test numbers so it does happen.

Do all you can do to get the full genetic testing done.

Alyssa

yes there are a few people on this board with single digit sweat test numbers so it does happen.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

LouLou

you could ask the doctor to put it in writing that he will not authorize the cf genetic test. they don't like to do these sorts of things due to possible legal reprocussions. Also you could try calling the referrel line if it's your child's ped and ask for a referrel for the cf genetic test. ask steve at ambry what he needs from you in order to run the test.

LouLou

you could ask the doctor to put it in writing that he will not authorize the cf genetic test. they don't like to do these sorts of things due to possible legal reprocussions. Also you could try calling the referrel line if it's your child's ped and ask for a referrel for the cf genetic test. ask steve at ambry what he needs from you in order to run the test.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

sullihs

Have they tested for Celiac? That is what they thought my son had before the positive CF diagnosis. My son always had loose stools, sometimes with mucous or undigested foods, but didn't have greasy stools until almost three. I know that there is more than one test for Celiac and have met some people who did not test positive for it with the basic test. You could try a gluten-free diet for a few weeks and see if it helps.

sullihs

Have they tested for Celiac? That is what they thought my son had before the positive CF diagnosis. My son always had loose stools, sometimes with mucous or undigested foods, but didn't have greasy stools until almost three. I know that there is more than one test for Celiac and have met some people who did not test positive for it with the basic test. You could try a gluten-free diet for a few weeks and see if it helps.

sullihs

sullihs

sullihs