lower pft and getting them back

redheadedmommy

i as told once you loose you pfts level its super hard to get them back. is this true? what have you found to help bring them back<br>

redheadedmommy

i as told once you loose you pfts level its super hard to get them back. is this true? what have you found to help bring them back<br>

redheadedmommy

tesorotiffa

I had always heard that same thing, but I don't necessarily think it's that cut and dry. At the end of 2009 my FEV1 was 49%. In September of 2010 it was 58-59%. Now it is 66%. Some of it is due to starting Cayston. But the main thing is that I've started exercising 4-6 days a week. My doc is convinced that is why my numbers keep rising.

tesorotiffa

I had always heard that same thing, but I don't necessarily think it's that cut and dry. At the end of 2009 my FEV1 was 49%. In September of 2010 it was 58-59%. Now it is 66%. Some of it is due to starting Cayston. But the main thing is that I've started exercising 4-6 days a week. My doc is convinced that is why my numbers keep rising.

tesorotiffa

randmel89

I agree with Tiffa here Exercise is a big number builder. My DR use to tell me if exercising doesnt get you out of breath and coughing then I need to try harder. My FEV1 was 32% know just 2 weeks ago I am up to 48% and hopefully will be up in the 50's when I go back and see my Dr. Good Luck to You!!!!

randmel89

I agree with Tiffa here Exercise is a big number builder. My DR use to tell me if exercising doesnt get you out of breath and coughing then I need to try harder. My FEV1 was 32% know just 2 weeks ago I am up to 48% and hopefully will be up in the 50's when I go back and see my Dr. Good Luck to You!!!!

randmel89