lung pain or rib soreness?

Breezy

Ok so i was coughing a lot lastnight, and i probably coughed a lot in my sleep. When i woke up this morning, my lungs/ribs were really sore, and still are. I'm pretty sure it's my lungs that are so from all the coughing, b/c regular breathing doesn't bother me, it's coughing that is unpleasant. I'm just wondering if lungs can actually hurt from coughing, lol. Thanx for any help!

Breezy

Ok so i was coughing a lot lastnight, and i probably coughed a lot in my sleep. When i woke up this morning, my lungs/ribs were really sore, and still are. I'm pretty sure it's my lungs that are so from all the coughing, b/c regular breathing doesn't bother me, it's coughing that is unpleasant. I'm just wondering if lungs can actually hurt from coughing, lol. Thanx for any help!

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

Breezy

lightNlife

The muscles in your ribcage are what's sore, as well as your back muscles, most likely. That's not uncommon, especially after a night of hard coughing. Hope you feel better soon. Don't wait to call the doc if you think you may have an infection starting.

lightNlife

The muscles in your ribcage are what's sore, as well as your back muscles, most likely. That's not uncommon, especially after a night of hard coughing. Hope you feel better soon. Don't wait to call the doc if you think you may have an infection starting.

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

lightNlife

ej0820

just a little FYI...at my last doc appt, he told me that lungs don't have nerve endings in them, so anything that's hurting in the lung area is probably anything but your actual lung. Most likely it's a pulled muscle from coughing. hope you feel better.

ej0820

just a little FYI...at my last doc appt, he told me that lungs don't have nerve endings in them, so anything that's hurting in the lung area is probably anything but your actual lung. Most likely it's a pulled muscle from coughing. hope you feel better.