Lung transplants.

MikeInMT

Ok so for the past 3 years or so, I have hid pleaded and avoided getting any PFT's done. I have always hated how they threw me into a ten minute long coughing fit. The last time I had a PFT my function was around 75%. However, in those three years I have seemed to attrack pneumonia like the plague, in for a tune up every 3 to 4 months. I went and had a PFT done today, after getting out of the hospital 4 days ago, and I was saddened by the numbers. My lung function as of today was right around 26%. I will get on the list asap. My question is generally how long is the wait? I know it could be a week or 6 years, but curious as to the average wait time.
Thanks,
Michael

MikeInMT

Ok so for the past 3 years or so, I have hid pleaded and avoided getting any PFT's done. I have always hated how they threw me into a ten minute long coughing fit. The last time I had a PFT my function was around 75%. However, in those three years I have seemed to attrack pneumonia like the plague, in for a tune up every 3 to 4 months. I went and had a PFT done today, after getting out of the hospital 4 days ago, and I was saddened by the numbers. My lung function as of today was right around 26%. I will get on the list asap. My question is generally how long is the wait? I know it could be a week or 6 years, but curious as to the average wait time.
Thanks,
Michael

MikeInMT

<br />Thanks,
<br />Michael

Liza

Michael, it depends on where you get listed. Greatly depends. When you go for your evalualtion the should tell you the average waiting time for that center. Just remember that is the average and it can take longer or shorter.

Good luck for a short wait.

Liza

Michael, it depends on where you get listed. Greatly depends. When you go for your evalualtion the should tell you the average waiting time for that center. Just remember that is the average and it can take longer or shorter.

Good luck for a short wait.

Liza

<br />
<br />Good luck for a short wait.

colinmaydahl

Sorry about the loss in Your PFTs, that is a bummer. I wish I had a answer for You on the lung TX timeframe, but I'm not there yet. Work on getting some lbs on you, exercise, try to get your body as strong as posable for the TX. Take care.

Colin
28m/CF

colinmaydahl

Sorry about the loss in Your PFTs, that is a bummer. I wish I had a answer for You on the lung TX timeframe, but I'm not there yet. Work on getting some lbs on you, exercise, try to get your body as strong as posable for the TX. Take care.

Colin
28m/CF

colinmaydahl

<br />
<br />Colin
<br />28m/CF