lung transplants

skyler

Hi everybody
I have a 6 years old boy who has CF. His Doctor told us he may need a lung transplant. but we think he is too young to get it. we are totally confused what we should do. If you know anything about lung transplants for young kids, please let us know.
thank you

skyler

Hi everybody
I have a 6 years old boy who has CF. His Doctor told us he may need a lung transplant. but we think he is too young to get it. we are totally confused what we should do. If you know anything about lung transplants for young kids, please let us know.
thank you

skyler

Hi everybody
thank you

M

Mommafirst

I don't know anything about lung transplants at all, but I wanted to welcome you to the site. I am so sorry to hear that your sons CF has progressed so quickly that he needs a lung transplant so young. I hope you can find the information you are looking for!!

M

Mommafirst

I don't know anything about lung transplants at all, but I wanted to welcome you to the site. I am so sorry to hear that your sons CF has progressed so quickly that he needs a lung transplant so young. I hope you can find the information you are looking for!!

M

Mommafirst

Marjolein

I know a girl with CF who had her lungtransplant October 2005. She was 8 back then. And i know about a girl from England who had her transplant a year ago too, or 2 years maybe.. She was about 8 or 9 too i think.

She and her mom did a documentary about lungtransplants with CF together with another girl and her parents. It is called "will i still love my mom"

I could ask the parents if they can contact you? If you'd want that?

Marjolein

I know a girl with CF who had her lungtransplant October 2005. She was 8 back then. And i know about a girl from England who had her transplant a year ago too, or 2 years maybe.. She was about 8 or 9 too i think.

She and her mom did a documentary about lungtransplants with CF together with another girl and her parents. It is called "will i still love my mom"

Marjolein

Marjolein

I just read on the English CF trust messageboard that a 4 year old girl has had her lungtransplant and she's doing well.

Marjolein

I just read on the English CF trust messageboard that a 4 year old girl has had her lungtransplant and she's doing well.

Marjolein

Liamsmommy

I just thought you might like to read something about a little guy who has just had a Lung trasplant this is from The Hospital For Sick Childrens website in Toronto

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/OurKids/brandon.asp
">http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/OurKids/brandon.asp
</a>
Hes not that old and was placed on the wait list in October 2005 and just recived his new Lungs December 2006 and is doing very well

Shawna

Liamsmommy

I just thought you might like to read something about a little guy who has just had a Lung trasplant this is from The Hospital For Sick Childrens website in Toronto

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/OurKids/brandon.asp
">http://www.sickkidsfoundation.com/OurKids/brandon.asp
</a>
Hes not that old and was placed on the wait list in October 2005 and just recived his new Lungs December 2006 and is doing very well

Shawna