Magic Bullet

J

Jenica

I've been making smoothies for my daughter, and absolutely HATE cleaning the blender. I've cut myself on the stupid blade a few times, and unless you're running your dishwasher more than once a day, you end up doing a lot of washing by hand. I've been thinking about getting the Magic Bullet (you know, the As Seen On TV thing) because it claims a quick and easy cleanup, but I wanted to check first if anyone had any experience with it. Or really any product with easy cleanup that would work for making smoothies.

Thanks!

J

Jenica

I've been making smoothies for my daughter, and absolutely HATE cleaning the blender. I've cut myself on the stupid blade a few times, and unless you're running your dishwasher more than once a day, you end up doing a lot of washing by hand. I've been thinking about getting the Magic Bullet (you know, the As Seen On TV thing) because it claims a quick and easy cleanup, but I wanted to check first if anyone had any experience with it. Or really any product with easy cleanup that would work for making smoothies.

Thanks!

J

Jenica

Thanks!

J

Jenica

Thanks!

J

Jenica

Thanks!

SlymJym

Have you tried to make a lot of them all at once, store them in bottles in the fridge and then just wash the blender once a week?

James, CF, CFRD

SlymJym

Have you tried to make a lot of them all at once, store them in bottles in the fridge and then just wash the blender once a week?

James, CF, CFRD

SlymJym

James, CF, CFRD

SlymJym

James, CF, CFRD

SlymJym

James, CF, CFRD

J

Jenica

Ellie likes them fresh ... won't drink them if they weren't just made. I know, quite diva sounding, right? Anyway, I reread what I wrote about hating to clean the blender, and I realize it does sound a little petty, but I guess it's just one of those chores I hate. Maybe the Magic Bullet isn't any better, but if anyone knew differently I would go and buy it tomorrow.

J

Jenica

Ellie likes them fresh ... won't drink them if they weren't just made. I know, quite diva sounding, right? Anyway, I reread what I wrote about hating to clean the blender, and I realize it does sound a little petty, but I guess it's just one of those chores I hate. Maybe the Magic Bullet isn't any better, but if anyone knew differently I would go and buy it tomorrow.

J

Jenica

J

Jenica

J

Jenica

SlymJym

I would never think it "petty" to not enjoy cleaning an appliance daily or more so, just when your doing bulk, sometimes you don't have TIME to clean it so often. I DO have a bullet, and for smaller chores its awesome....more so even. I try to "chop" onions in it, and it almost turns it into mush, puree I guess is the term. Very strong motor. I really think you could ground up rocks in it, but you may need a new blade soon after. Anyway, there is a blender attachment I seen on TV of which I wasn't able to get (got mine through Fingerhut) which would more than do your job for you....in under 10 secs. When you used to store them, did you shake them vigorously before giving them to her? (dumb question I know but, my shakes tastes just made after two days in the fridge....was curious) My only complaint with the Bullet is that it doesn't make enough for me. Hope that helps.

James 35yr CF, CFRD

SlymJym

I would never think it "petty" to not enjoy cleaning an appliance daily or more so, just when your doing bulk, sometimes you don't have TIME to clean it so often. I DO have a bullet, and for smaller chores its awesome....more so even. I try to "chop" onions in it, and it almost turns it into mush, puree I guess is the term. Very strong motor. I really think you could ground up rocks in it, but you may need a new blade soon after. Anyway, there is a blender attachment I seen on TV of which I wasn't able to get (got mine through Fingerhut) which would more than do your job for you....in under 10 secs. When you used to store them, did you shake them vigorously before giving them to her? (dumb question I know but, my shakes tastes just made after two days in the fridge....was curious) My only complaint with the Bullet is that it doesn't make enough for me. Hope that helps.

James 35yr CF, CFRD

SlymJym

James 35yr CF, CFRD

SlymJym

James 35yr CF, CFRD

SlymJym

James 35yr CF, CFRD