Make a Wish?

Treewife

We have agreed to work with the MAWF for Ashley. She has submitted a request to meet Chef Gordon Ramsey and to visit Hell's Kitchen. Her goal for the wish is to get CF on the tv guide scrollbar for his very popular show. (i.e. Diet for CF patients, high fat/high salt - can the chefs do it?)

Ashley wants to be a Chef and or on TV but would prefer both - a celebrity Chef like Chef Ramsey or Rachel Ray.

Does anyone have experience with Wishes? We are approved and waiting for the travel info. We aren't sure if/when we will be taped or if it will make it to primetime, but Ashley is super excited!

Treewife

We have agreed to work with the MAWF for Ashley. She has submitted a request to meet Chef Gordon Ramsey and to visit Hell's Kitchen. Her goal for the wish is to get CF on the tv guide scrollbar for his very popular show. (i.e. Diet for CF patients, high fat/high salt - can the chefs do it?)

Ashley wants to be a Chef and or on TV but would prefer both - a celebrity Chef like Chef Ramsey or Rachel Ray.

Does anyone have experience with Wishes? We are approved and waiting for the travel info. We aren't sure if/when we will be taped or if it will make it to primetime, but Ashley is super excited!

Treewife

<br />
<br />Ashley wants to be a Chef and or on TV but would prefer both - a celebrity Chef like Chef Ramsey or Rachel Ray.
<br />
<br />Does anyone have experience with Wishes? We are approved and waiting for the travel info. We aren't sure if/when we will be taped or if it will make it to primetime, but Ashley is super excited!

M

Mommafirst

I don't have any experience with MAW, someday we will apply. But I am so excited to hear about Ashley's wish!!! Please, please, please post about it and let us know when the episode will air (if it will air). What a super wish for her to choose, I hope it fullfills her dreams and sets her on a long road for the career she hopes for.

M

Mommafirst

I don't have any experience with MAW, someday we will apply. But I am so excited to hear about Ashley's wish!!! Please, please, please post about it and let us know when the episode will air (if it will air). What a super wish for her to choose, I hope it fullfills her dreams and sets her on a long road for the career she hopes for.

M

Mommafirst

Mammahuff

Wow that sounds exciting!

Austin had his MAW when he was 5 and he is 9 now. We went to Disney World. Our MAW only took about 3 months to fullfill. But I guess it depends on the coordinator and all of the arrangements they have to make. And If theya re doing fundraisers or anything else.

Our Coordinator met with us a few times and also made phone calls to us. I was really surprised at how fast Austins MAW came. They gave us a few different dates to choose from also.

And I don't know when someone is meeting a celebrity if it takes longer to coordinate or not.

Mammahuff

Austin had his MAW when he was 5 and he is 9 now. We went to Disney World. Our MAW only took about 3 months to fullfill. But I guess it depends on the coordinator and all of the arrangements they have to make. And If theya re doing fundraisers or anything else.

Our Coordinator met with us a few times and also made phone calls to us. I was really surprised at how fast Austins MAW came. They gave us a few different dates to choose from also.

And I don't know when someone is meeting a celebrity if it takes longer to coordinate or not.

Mammahuff

<br />
<br />Austin had his MAW when he was 5 and he is 9 now. We went to Disney World. Our MAW only took about 3 months to fullfill. But I guess it depends on the coordinator and all of the arrangements they have to make. And If theya re doing fundraisers or anything else.
<br />
<br /> Our Coordinator met with us a few times and also made phone calls to us. I was really surprised at how fast Austins MAW came. They gave us a few different dates to choose from also.
<br />
<br />And I don't know when someone is meeting a celebrity if it takes longer to coordinate or not.

mbrandazzo

Hi!

My son is only two, but I was just wondering how you get to do Make A WIsh.. Of course he won't be making a wish for a few more years, but I was just curious how it all works.

Thanks!

mbrandazzo

Hi!

My son is only two, but I was just wondering how you get to do Make A WIsh.. Of course he won't be making a wish for a few more years, but I was just curious how it all works.

Thanks!

mbrandazzo

Hi!
<br />
<br />My son is only two, but I was just wondering how you get to do Make A WIsh.. Of course he won't be making a wish for a few more years, but I was just curious how it all works.
<br />
<br />Thanks!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
So fun! What a great wish. Both my boys have had MAW wishes. Jesse asked to see Pearl Harbor and Josh asked to have a room makeover. Both were amazing.

The time frame will depend on the taping of the show and the willingness of the personalities. Your rep will do all the work- so don't you fret! That's the coolest thing- no stress for the family.
Let us know how it goes!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
So fun! What a great wish. Both my boys have had MAW wishes. Jesse asked to see Pearl Harbor and Josh asked to have a room makeover. Both were amazing.

The time frame will depend on the taping of the show and the willingness of the personalities. Your rep will do all the work- so don't you fret! That's the coolest thing- no stress for the family.
Let us know how it goes!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />The time frame will depend on the taping of the show and the willingness of the personalities. Your rep will do all the work- so don't you fret! That's the coolest thing- no stress for the family.
<br />Let us know how it goes!

Liza

Hi, Both my girls have had their wishes granted by MAW. Anna's wish was to go to see the Rolling Stones. They tried to arrange a meeting, which she said would just be a bonus, but Mick doesn't do them. His publicist said that there are so many organizations that he would not be able to pick and choose which ones to work with and so he simply doesn't grant such meetings. That was fine. Like Anna' said, it would have been a bonus and she was happy just to get to see them. She got to pick where. We had a limo ride to the airport, a rental car, extended visit in the concert city, hotel and limo to the concert. I think it took about 3 months from start to finish for hers. Rachel had her wish started when she was 17 and completed at 18. Hers was to go to Australia. It took a few months, about 9 or 10, because we had to coordinate school break and seasons because they have opposite seasons than the US. Because my girls' CF was so mild when they were little we opt'd to postpone their wishes until they were in their teens so that they could pick something they would cherish.

Mbrandazzo, the girls just mentioned being ready for their MAW to their CF social worker who started the process.

Ashley has a wonderful idea for a wish. How exciting. I hope that her wish gets granted. What a way to bring to light that not everyone is in need of low-cal, low-fat, low-sodium diets! Please do keep us posted.

Liza

Hi, Both my girls have had their wishes granted by MAW. Anna's wish was to go to see the Rolling Stones. They tried to arrange a meeting, which she said would just be a bonus, but Mick doesn't do them. His publicist said that there are so many organizations that he would not be able to pick and choose which ones to work with and so he simply doesn't grant such meetings. That was fine. Like Anna' said, it would have been a bonus and she was happy just to get to see them. She got to pick where. We had a limo ride to the airport, a rental car, extended visit in the concert city, hotel and limo to the concert. I think it took about 3 months from start to finish for hers. Rachel had her wish started when she was 17 and completed at 18. Hers was to go to Australia. It took a few months, about 9 or 10, because we had to coordinate school break and seasons because they have opposite seasons than the US. Because my girls' CF was so mild when they were little we opt'd to postpone their wishes until they were in their teens so that they could pick something they would cherish.

Mbrandazzo, the girls just mentioned being ready for their MAW to their CF social worker who started the process.

Ashley has a wonderful idea for a wish. How exciting. I hope that her wish gets granted. What a way to bring to light that not everyone is in need of low-cal, low-fat, low-sodium diets! Please do keep us posted.

Liza

<br />
<br />Mbrandazzo, the girls just mentioned being ready for their MAW to their CF social worker who started the process.
<br />
<br />Ashley has a wonderful idea for a wish. How exciting. I hope that her wish gets granted. What a way to bring to light that not everyone is in need of low-cal, low-fat, low-sodium diets! Please do keep us posted.
<br />

fourkidsmom

Yes please let us know if she will get to be on TV- would love to watch that!! That is such an awesome wish....

Brady is 9 and I am still waiting a while to make sure it is something he will really enjoy:)

fourkidsmom

Yes please let us know if she will get to be on TV- would love to watch that!! That is such an awesome wish....

Brady is 9 and I am still waiting a while to make sure it is something he will really enjoy:)