Make a Wish?

fourkidsmom

Yes please let us know if she will get to be on TV- would love to watch that!! That is such an awesome wish....
<br />
<br />
<br />Brady is 9 and I am still waiting a while to make sure it is something he will really enjoy:)

rcq925

My daughter Hayley is 6 years old and we are going on her MAW trip in November. She wished to go to Disney World and we are staying at Give Kids the World. We can't wait! We got to pick our dates and purposely picked dates in the fall so the weather would be cooler and not so humid for Hayley.

It was a pretty quick process, maybe three months of applying for the wish and then getting it approved, but I think Disney is the most wished for and probably easiest to set up.

I heard that they are changing the qualifications for kids with CF and that they now must have PFT's below a certain level (I believe it was 70%) before the qualify for their wish.

I like previous posters always thought that we would wait until Hayley was older so she really knew what she wanted to wish for, but then we decided that life is just too short and you never know what the future holds. Hayley has been wanting to go to Disney for quite a while now so we decided to go ahead and apply. This way she can enjoy her wish while she is still healthy enough to walk the park and really enjoy it all. She has been hospitalized already 15 times in her short life and although her PFT's are good, she really deserves this trip!

Good luck with your daughter's wish. Please post on here when the show will be aired! I would love to watch it!

rcq925

My daughter Hayley is 6 years old and we are going on her MAW trip in November. She wished to go to Disney World and we are staying at Give Kids the World. We can't wait! We got to pick our dates and purposely picked dates in the fall so the weather would be cooler and not so humid for Hayley.

It was a pretty quick process, maybe three months of applying for the wish and then getting it approved, but I think Disney is the most wished for and probably easiest to set up.

I heard that they are changing the qualifications for kids with CF and that they now must have PFT's below a certain level (I believe it was 70%) before the qualify for their wish.

I like previous posters always thought that we would wait until Hayley was older so she really knew what she wanted to wish for, but then we decided that life is just too short and you never know what the future holds. Hayley has been wanting to go to Disney for quite a while now so we decided to go ahead and apply. This way she can enjoy her wish while she is still healthy enough to walk the park and really enjoy it all. She has been hospitalized already 15 times in her short life and although her PFT's are good, she really deserves this trip!

Good luck with your daughter's wish. Please post on here when the show will be aired! I would love to watch it!

rcq925

<br />
<br />It was a pretty quick process, maybe three months of applying for the wish and then getting it approved, but I think Disney is the most wished for and probably easiest to set up.
<br />
<br />I heard that they are changing the qualifications for kids with CF and that they now must have PFT's below a certain level (I believe it was 70%) before the qualify for their wish.
<br />
<br />I like previous posters always thought that we would wait until Hayley was older so she really knew what she wanted to wish for, but then we decided that life is just too short and you never know what the future holds. Hayley has been wanting to go to Disney for quite a while now so we decided to go ahead and apply. This way she can enjoy her wish while she is still healthy enough to walk the park and really enjoy it all. She has been hospitalized already 15 times in her short life and although her PFT's are good, she really deserves this trip!
<br />
<br />Good luck with your daughter's wish. Please post on here when the show will be aired! I would love to watch it!

hmw

That's a shame, Becky. Most kids with CF have pft's well above that, but their QOL can be severely impacted by their disease just the same. Not to mention the many complications of the disease that have nothing to do with the lungs!

hmw

That's a shame, Becky. Most kids with CF have pft's well above that, but their QOL can be severely impacted by their disease just the same. Not to mention the many complications of the disease that have nothing to do with the lungs!

hmw

<br />
<br />

ashmomo

That is wrong...why would they wait til health is declining before giving them a wish? Why not let them do it when they are healthy to enjoy it?
We are waiting for Ashlee's til she really knows what she wants.

JANE: I am interested in knowing what they did for the bedroom makeover...Ashlee likes that idea, just wondering what it may consist of?? What did they do for your sons room?

ashmomo

That is wrong...why would they wait til health is declining before giving them a wish? Why not let them do it when they are healthy to enjoy it?
We are waiting for Ashlee's til she really knows what she wants.

JANE: I am interested in knowing what they did for the bedroom makeover...Ashlee likes that idea, just wondering what it may consist of?? What did they do for your sons room?

ashmomo

<br />We are waiting for Ashlee's til she really knows what she wants.
<br />
<br />JANE: I am interested in knowing what they did for the bedroom makeover...Ashlee likes that idea, just wondering what it may consist of?? What did they do for your sons room?

mag6125

I went to Disney when I was 5 through MAW. I have to say as much fun as it was I wish I would have waited until I was older to do it so I could have picked something I would have appreciated more. On the other hand there is an organization around here and I can't remember what its called which is horrible, but they paid for half of my cost and travel to go to Space Camp in Alabama when I was 13. That was an amazing experience, I'd highly recommend it for anyone who has kids interested in that type of thing!

mag6125

I went to Disney when I was 5 through MAW. I have to say as much fun as it was I wish I would have waited until I was older to do it so I could have picked something I would have appreciated more. On the other hand there is an organization around here and I can't remember what its called which is horrible, but they paid for half of my cost and travel to go to Space Camp in Alabama when I was 13. That was an amazing experience, I'd highly recommend it for anyone who has kids interested in that type of thing!

mag6125