"Mamma, I am going to die? "

V

valigirl21

"Mamma, I am going to die?

Tina,

I just wanted to send warm thoughts and lots of hugs your way as you work through this. Like Tom I haven't had to address this with Noah yet, but I know the day will come, and I hope I handle as gracefully as you did. Good luck with the surgery. Praying for you and your family.

V

valigirl21

Tina,

I just wanted to send warm thoughts and lots of hugs your way as you work through this. Like Tom I haven't had to address this with Noah yet, but I know the day will come, and I hope I handle as gracefully as you did. Good luck with the surgery. Praying for you and your family.

V

valigirl21

Tina,

V

valigirl21

Tina,

V

valigirl21

Tina,
<br />
<br />I just wanted to send warm thoughts and lots of hugs your way as you work through this. Like Tom I haven't had to address this with Noah yet, but I know the day will come, and I hope I handle as gracefully as you did. Good luck with the surgery. Praying for you and your family.

jdprecious

Tina-
I hope the surgery went well today!!! Sending warm wishes and good vibes that everything goes smoothly and as uneventful as possible.

As far as how to explain it, I tell Jaelyn, who is almost 7, that we have to do these things (treatments, blood draws, hospitalizations, etc) because we have to keep her healthy so she isn't sick.

Granted she doesn't have a Gtube or a port yet, but when the day comes that she does, my reasoning to her will be the same. To keep you healthy! The food we eat, the meds we take, the exercise we make ourselves do, EVERYTHING is to keep her healthy. We focus on the positivity in that word, and try to keep death and dying completely out of our mouths. She knows it is a possibility because she sees me crying every time we have to go to the emergency room or hospital period. She is only 7 and she knows why, because I am scared and too weak to hide my tears. She is strong somehow, I don't know how, she just is.

Your son will be there one day too, just give him some time. Nothing is going to get easier overnight, but after a few months with the tube, it will seem like second nature. And as always, I am thinking of your family and wishing a lighter burden for you all.

Many Hugs,
Jess and family

jdprecious

Tina-
I hope the surgery went well today!!! Sending warm wishes and good vibes that everything goes smoothly and as uneventful as possible.

As far as how to explain it, I tell Jaelyn, who is almost 7, that we have to do these things (treatments, blood draws, hospitalizations, etc) because we have to keep her healthy so she isn't sick.

Granted she doesn't have a Gtube or a port yet, but when the day comes that she does, my reasoning to her will be the same. To keep you healthy! The food we eat, the meds we take, the exercise we make ourselves do, EVERYTHING is to keep her healthy. We focus on the positivity in that word, and try to keep death and dying completely out of our mouths. She knows it is a possibility because she sees me crying every time we have to go to the emergency room or hospital period. She is only 7 and she knows why, because I am scared and too weak to hide my tears. She is strong somehow, I don't know how, she just is.

Your son will be there one day too, just give him some time. Nothing is going to get easier overnight, but after a few months with the tube, it will seem like second nature. And as always, I am thinking of your family and wishing a lighter burden for you all.

Many Hugs,
Jess and family

jdprecious

Tina-

Many Hugs,
Jess and family

jdprecious

Tina-

Many Hugs,
Jess and family

jdprecious

Tina-
<br />I hope the surgery went well today!!! Sending warm wishes and good vibes that everything goes smoothly and as uneventful as possible.
<br />
<br />As far as how to explain it, I tell Jaelyn, who is almost 7, that we have to do these things (treatments, blood draws, hospitalizations, etc) because we have to keep her healthy so she isn't sick.
<br />
<br />Granted she doesn't have a Gtube or a port yet, but when the day comes that she does, my reasoning to her will be the same. To keep you healthy! The food we eat, the meds we take, the exercise we make ourselves do, EVERYTHING is to keep her healthy. We focus on the positivity in that word, and try to keep death and dying completely out of our mouths. She knows it is a possibility because she sees me crying every time we have to go to the emergency room or hospital period. She is only 7 and she knows why, because I am scared and too weak to hide my tears. She is strong somehow, I don't know how, she just is.
<br />
<br />Your son will be there one day too, just give him some time. Nothing is going to get easier overnight, but after a few months with the tube, it will seem like second nature. And as always, I am thinking of your family and wishing a lighter burden for you all.
<br />
<br />Many Hugs,
<br />Jess and family