Mandy's Green Smoothie recipe?

LouLou

here is an old post I copied and pasted into my email draft folder (that's where I keep important tidbits).
Amy-
I have this happen every time I am on IVs. Based on a lot of research I have done, I believe that it is the nature of the drugs. When our bodies are under stress, we perspire. When our blood pH becomes more acidic due to the medicines, illness and stress, we perspire. It is the bodies way of cleansing toxins and removing them from our bodies. Many people have the sudden urge to urinate when on IVs too. This is another way for the body to get the chemicals out of your body and regulate your pH. It sends all of the acidic waste out of your body the fastest way possible...

You should go to a health food store and grab some pH sticks. Dip them in urine (or pee on them) while on IVs and when not on IVs. When you are NOT on IVs, the pH of your pee should become higher on the pH scale (more alkaline).

While you are on IVs her are a few tricks to keep you at a better pH.
-tons of water
-make sure you are loading up on all of your vitamins and minerals (including Cal, mag and potassium)
- make yourself a green smoothie... This is THE ONLY thing that helps me while on IVs to keep my energy and combat effects of the drugs.

recipe is:

I also ALWAYS wash veggies for two days (you will be fine with three days) so that I don't have to go through cleaning them every time! Just wash, pat dry and put in a baggie with a clean dry piece of paper towel to keep them fresh....

1. One leaf of green Kale (pull the green from the vine)
2. half of a cucumber (peeled and cut into chunks)
3. handful of spinach
4. 1 stalk celery (cleaned and cut up into big chunks...1/4 inch pieces)
5. 1/3 to 1/2 peeled lime (cut all white part off, too)
6. 1/2 green apple (chopped into pieces)
7. few sprigs of parsley (curly or flat)
8. 1 packet of "NOW" brand Stevia Extract (get this at whole foods)
9. 1 cup crushed ice
10. 1 packet of "Sambazon" brand Amazon Cherry Pulp (in the freezer section at whole foods) ...you can also use a handful of frozen peaches or mango instead
11. 8 ounces of water
12. I sometimes add a tablespoon of ground flax seed
13. I sometimes add a tablespoon of almond oil or walnut oil
PUT IN A BLENDER AND PUREE FOR 1 MINUTE!
SOUNDS GROSS BUT TASTES LIKE A LIMEADE

This is just one version of the drink. You can do two part spinach, one part frozen peaches, one stevia, little lime, water and crushed ice.
It is really very easy to vary it each day... and you will get really good at your own concoctions!!

It is important to note that you NEED more veggies than fruit every day!!! Fruit, while good for you, can raise those triglycerides and we don't want that!

Also, Amy: In terms of hormones. I am on the copper IUD for birth control per Dr. Janssen's advice. Before starting a daily green drink my hormne levels were horrible. After six to eight weeks on the drinks, my hormone levels were the best she had seen...and that included all of her healthy patients (not cfer or diabetes) She was shocked that I could have such perfect levels considering how skinny I am.

Green veggies must be blended to due any good. if you chew them, they are just fiber. If blended they are in small enough particles for your cells to use as fuel. The compounds in GREEN veggies are hormone stabilizers, pH stabilizers and they are able to get into the lung cavities and fight free radicals. I know you know that you clot more when your blood is lower in pH.... Firbin is found to be higher in blood of cfers (due to acidic nature of this disease) You will notice a difference in clotting with this drink. Last month I did not blend bc I was so busy and my period was awful...I was throwing GIGANTIC clots. This has never happened while on the green drinks.

I know you are proactive, you can't get more proactive than this. If you do this, it takes about 15 minutes a day. I often tell people to go buy the little popsicle makers at target or walmart. That way you can pour the blended veggies into the mold and have them as popsciles when you dont have time to make a smoothie.

Hope this helps.
hugs.
m

LouLou

here is an old post I copied and pasted into my email draft folder (that's where I keep important tidbits).
Amy-
I have this happen every time I am on IVs. Based on a lot of research I have done, I believe that it is the nature of the drugs. When our bodies are under stress, we perspire. When our blood pH becomes more acidic due to the medicines, illness and stress, we perspire. It is the bodies way of cleansing toxins and removing them from our bodies. Many people have the sudden urge to urinate when on IVs too. This is another way for the body to get the chemicals out of your body and regulate your pH. It sends all of the acidic waste out of your body the fastest way possible...

You should go to a health food store and grab some pH sticks. Dip them in urine (or pee on them) while on IVs and when not on IVs. When you are NOT on IVs, the pH of your pee should become higher on the pH scale (more alkaline).

-tons of water
-make sure you are loading up on all of your vitamins and minerals (including Cal, mag and potassium)
- make yourself a green smoothie... This is THE ONLY thing that helps me while on IVs to keep my energy and combat effects of the drugs.

recipe is:

I also ALWAYS wash veggies for two days (you will be fine with three days) so that I don't have to go through cleaning them every time! Just wash, pat dry and put in a baggie with a clean dry piece of paper towel to keep them fresh....

3. handful of spinach
9. 1 cup crushed ice
10. 1 packet of "Sambazon" brand Amazon Cherry Pulp (in the freezer section at whole foods) ...you can also use a handful of frozen peaches or mango instead
11. 8 ounces of water

This is just one version of the drink. You can do two part spinach, one part frozen peaches, one stevia, little lime, water and crushed ice.
It is really very easy to vary it each day... and you will get really good at your own concoctions!!

It is important to note that you NEED more veggies than fruit every day!!! Fruit, while good for you, can raise those triglycerides and we don't want that!

Also, Amy: In terms of hormones. I am on the copper IUD for birth control per Dr. Janssen's advice. Before starting a daily green drink my hormne levels were horrible. After six to eight weeks on the drinks, my hormone levels were the best she had seen...and that included all of her healthy patients (not cfer or diabetes) She was shocked that I could have such perfect levels considering how skinny I am.

Green veggies must be blended to due any good. if you chew them, they are just fiber. If blended they are in small enough particles for your cells to use as fuel. The compounds in GREEN veggies are hormone stabilizers, pH stabilizers and they are able to get into the lung cavities and fight free radicals. I know you know that you clot more when your blood is lower in pH.... Firbin is found to be higher in blood of cfers (due to acidic nature of this disease) You will notice a difference in clotting with this drink. Last month I did not blend bc I was so busy and my period was awful...I was throwing GIGANTIC clots. This has never happened while on the green drinks.

I know you are proactive, you can't get more proactive than this. If you do this, it takes about 15 minutes a day. I often tell people to go buy the little popsicle makers at target or walmart. That way you can pour the blended veggies into the mold and have them as popsciles when you dont have time to make a smoothie.

Hope this helps.
hugs.
m

LouLou

Amy-

-tons of water

recipe is:

3. handful of spinach
9. 1 cup crushed ice
11. 8 ounces of water

Hope this helps.
hugs.
m