Married couple carriers for df508

iC3Cr3alvl

If both parents are carriers, there is a <b>25%</b> chance that the child will not have CF. <b>25%</b> chance that the child will have CF. and <b>50%</b> chance that the child will not have CF but will also be a carrier.

iC3Cr3alvl

If both parents are carriers, there is a <b>25%</b> chance that the child will not have CF. <b>25%</b> chance that the child will have CF. and <b>50%</b> chance that the child will not have CF but will also be a carrier.

iC3Cr3alvl

iC3Cr3alvl

iC3Cr3alvl

julie

Actually un-true, quite a number of men who are CF <u>carriers</u> ARE infertile due to absence of the Vas deferens (CBAVD). Whether this is a "symptomatic carrier" or actually has CF but they have not found a second mutation is unknown. but their OB doctor isn't incorrect about this. It is a possibility.

Bignana, they should look into doing IVF with PGD. Some insurance companies will cover it (after an appeal) when presented with the cost/risk/% of having a baby with CF versus the cost of IVF with PGD to prevent a CF baby.

julie

Actually un-true, quite a number of men who are CF <u>carriers</u> ARE infertile due to absence of the Vas deferens (CBAVD). Whether this is a "symptomatic carrier" or actually has CF but they have not found a second mutation is unknown. but their OB doctor isn't incorrect about this. It is a possibility.

Bignana, they should look into doing IVF with PGD. Some insurance companies will cover it (after an appeal) when presented with the cost/risk/% of having a baby with CF versus the cost of IVF with PGD to prevent a CF baby.

julie

julie

julie

<br />
<br />Bignana, they should look into doing IVF with PGD. Some insurance companies will cover it (after an appeal) when presented with the cost/risk/% of having a baby with CF versus the cost of IVF with PGD to prevent a CF baby.

Gnome

I haven't read all the replys but I just wanted to say that if my husband had known we were both carriers we would have gone through IVF. We never would of taken the the 1 in 4 chance of a child having CF had we known better. Not that there is anything wrong with having a CF child it just is better to avoid it all together. My kids have normal lives but they do a lot of maintenace.

Gnome

I haven't read all the replys but I just wanted to say that if my husband had known we were both carriers we would have gone through IVF. We never would of taken the the 1 in 4 chance of a child having CF had we known better. Not that there is anything wrong with having a CF child it just is better to avoid it all together. My kids have normal lives but they do a lot of maintenace.

Gnome

Gnome

Gnome

Lonespruce

Hi, my husband and I are both DF508 carriers. We have one child w/CF. No one else in either of our families had CF. We looked into IVF for our second child, and adoption, but have now decided that IUI w/donor sperm is right for us. One child w/CF is hard work...and stressful. I would definitely advise your daughter/son-in-law to do a lot of research before deciding what is right for them.

Lonespruce

Hi, my husband and I are both DF508 carriers. We have one child w/CF. No one else in either of our families had CF. We looked into IVF for our second child, and adoption, but have now decided that IUI w/donor sperm is right for us. One child w/CF is hard work...and stressful. I would definitely advise your daughter/son-in-law to do a lot of research before deciding what is right for them.

Lonespruce

Lonespruce

Lonespruce