Massage and cf

GriffinsMama

Hi,

I am fairly new here. Have only posted from time to time. I am a mom of a 22 mo old cf'er. I thought I would venture out of hiding to ask all of you with experience as adults with cf this question.

I recently met a Dr. from the "old school". He had been the director
of the cf clinic at the Children's hospital here quite a long time
ago. He was around for all the big cf kids camps. He told me that
although times have changed, and treatments have definitely changed,
some things they discovered are still very useful to do. Such as he
told me that they used to do massage on the cf kids backs before and
after treatments. He said that the kids were able to get more out that
way and it really got the mucus flowing. They were doing manual cpt
back then, no vest.

Anyway, I've been trying to give Griffin some massage after
treatments. Have you any experience with that? Have you noticed it's easier to move the mucus around after a massage?

It seemed so interesting and straightforward I thought it just might
be a good idea! Anyway, a massage is good no matter what for me. :0)

Thanks for any info in advance,

I appreciate it a lot.

Dee Dee
Griffins Mama (22 mos wcf)

GriffinsMama

Hi,

I am fairly new here. Have only posted from time to time. I am a mom of a 22 mo old cf'er. I thought I would venture out of hiding to ask all of you with experience as adults with cf this question.

back then, no vest.

treatments. Have you any experience with that? Have you noticed it's easier to move the mucus around after a massage?

I appreciate it a lot.

Dee Dee

GriffinsMama

Hi,

back then, no vest.

I appreciate it a lot.

Dee Dee

GriffinsMama

Hi,

back then, no vest.

I appreciate it a lot.

Dee Dee

GriffinsMama

Hi,

back then, no vest.

I appreciate it a lot.

Dee Dee

Lance2020x

I grew up with manual but never got massages, I've never heard doctors say anything about them.
I have noticed though that (ESPECIALLY when I'm in my on month for Tobi) my muscles seem to be tighter than most. After being a dancer for many years and having girlfriends who refused to give me massages and told me to stop complaining (because I always wanted them, haha) I just shut up about it, but I've always suspected that CFers muscles go through a lot of strain with CPT's. I can feel my muscles tightening every day as I do Flutter, especially with the vest now, and Tobi always makes my muscles tighter.
But like I said I haven't heard anything about massage helping to loosen mucus, that's a really interesting concept though, I'll try to remember to ask my doctors about that in my quarterly this Thursday.

Lance2020x

I grew up with manual but never got massages, I've never heard doctors say anything about them.
I have noticed though that (ESPECIALLY when I'm in my on month for Tobi) my muscles seem to be tighter than most. After being a dancer for many years and having girlfriends who refused to give me massages and told me to stop complaining (because I always wanted them, haha) I just shut up about it, but I've always suspected that CFers muscles go through a lot of strain with CPT's. I can feel my muscles tightening every day as I do Flutter, especially with the vest now, and Tobi always makes my muscles tighter.
But like I said I haven't heard anything about massage helping to loosen mucus, that's a really interesting concept though, I'll try to remember to ask my doctors about that in my quarterly this Thursday.

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

JazzysMom

**Jumps up & down, raises hand** I do I do!

I not only love the feeling of massages, but it works wonders to get stuff up. My therapists work on me when in the hospital, but hubby knows the one spot that is really problematic for me.

It would make sense that if the muscles are relaxed that airways will relax & in turn stuff will move easier.

Our bodies go through a lot under normal circumstances....imagine when we are actually sick!

JazzysMom

I not only love the feeling of massages, but it works wonders to get stuff up. My therapists work on me when in the hospital, but hubby knows the one spot that is really problematic for me.

It would make sense that if the muscles are relaxed that airways will relax & in turn stuff will move easier.

Our bodies go through a lot under normal circumstances....imagine when we are actually sick!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JORDYSMOM

I believe massage works wonders. It relaxes you and helps you breathe deeper. I have always done massages on my kids starting when they were babies.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

I believe massage works wonders. It relaxes you and helps you breathe deeper. I have always done massages on my kids starting when they were babies.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey