Massage Therapy

Tammy15

My daughter 24 with CF when she is in hospital has a massage therapist come in, her aunt is also one. At home we do chest pt and vest and my daughter kept advising she brings up more with the massage. I thought she was nuts but satrted doing more massage motion and sure enough it seems to work. Yesterday in the hospital the massage therapist did it and wow the stuff she coughd up and seemed clear after. Now I know my technique not same as massage therapist so my results not exactky same. My question is therapist uses a Lavender oil mixture , does Lavender have any properties that assist in airway clearance?

Tammy15

My daughter 24 with CF when she is in hospital has a massage therapist come in, her aunt is also one. At home we do chest pt and vest and my daughter kept advising she brings up more with the massage. I thought she was nuts but satrted doing more massage motion and sure enough it seems to work. Yesterday in the hospital the massage therapist did it and wow the stuff she coughd up and seemed clear after. Now I know my technique not same as massage therapist so my results not exactky same. My question is therapist uses a Lavender oil mixture , does Lavender have any properties that assist in airway clearance?

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

mariahsmommy

There are several implications for Lavender. I use it to scent my laundry detergent, put in boiling water over stove when congested, put it in bath water, rashes, and acne. Maybe the massage with lavender has similar effects to the boiling water for decongestion. Very interesting. I look into all sorts of natural things and I wonder if anyone does kinesiology to assist in their CF battle.

mariahsmommy

There are several implications for Lavender. I use it to scent my laundry detergent, put in boiling water over stove when congested, put it in bath water, rashes, and acne. Maybe the massage with lavender has similar effects to the boiling water for decongestion. Very interesting. I look into all sorts of natural things and I wonder if anyone does kinesiology to assist in their CF battle.

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

mariahsmommy

Tammy15

Thanks I feel beter at least I think I am not crazy anymore. The day after my daughter's massage. Anotherwoman came in. The hospital we go to is associated with this Healing touch group free to all patients. Her uncle had a heart attack and had them come he told her it was great and to try. She did and again however this worked boy did it work between that and massage therapy she brought mor up than all the chest calpping the RPT have been doing. I think we are defintey going to look more into this

Tammy15

Thanks I feel beter at least I think I am not crazy anymore. The day after my daughter's massage. Anotherwoman came in. The hospital we go to is associated with this Healing touch group free to all patients. Her uncle had a heart attack and had them come he told her it was great and to try. She did and again however this worked boy did it work between that and massage therapy she brought mor up than all the chest calpping the RPT have been doing. I think we are defintey going to look more into this

Tammy15

Tammy15

Tammy15

M

MiddleAgedLady

My massage therapist can tell when my chest muscles are very constricted. When she works to lengthen/stretch them out, I notice I can take deeper breaths. She also puts eucalyptus oil on the face pad which seems to open up my sinuses.

M

MiddleAgedLady

My massage therapist can tell when my chest muscles are very constricted. When she works to lengthen/stretch them out, I notice I can take deeper breaths. She also puts eucalyptus oil on the face pad which seems to open up my sinuses.

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady