May I ask a favor of you all?

kayleesgrandma

I know this is off-topic--but I would like to ask a favor--could you all send a card to my mom?

I think it would cheer her up immensly if she had a wall of cards to look at. I like to call it an "encouragement wall". She has to go to skilled, because she is still on IV's for the pnemonia, and a telemonitor for afib. When she gets off of those--THEN she gets to go to REHAB. We're looking at about 5 more weeks of hospital stay, and she's already been there for one.

She got her cast cut off the stump yesterday, and was fitted with a "shinker"--a sock to help the swelling go down. She was a little weepy yesterday before I left--think it's post traumatic stress hitting her finally.

She doesn't need anything, she sleeps when not working on walking, but I just though a card would cheer her up...

Thanks to all of you for this little act of kindness for my mother...

EDITTED:
WELL, MY BROTHER CALLED ME TONIGHT AND THE INS WILL NOT PAY FOR MOM TO STAY IN SKILLED AND REHAB THERE AT HOSPITAL (EVEN THO HOSPITAL JUST BUILT A NEW REHAB ONLY 4 MONTHS AGO)--SO SHE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER SKILLED FACILITY. I AM UPSET ABOUT THIS, AS I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS FACILITY IS LIKE. SO I WILL GET THE ADDRESS TOMORROW, AND MAKE SURE THE HOSPITAL GETS ANY CARDS TO HER AT HER NEW ADDRESS.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE--MOM WALKED CLEAR OUT TO NURSE'S STATION FROM HER ROOM WITH A TEMP PROSTETHSIS (SP)!!! I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE HOW WELL SHE IS DOING! IT'S BEEN ONLY 4 DAYS AFTER SURGERY--AND SHE IS WALKING AROUND!

THANKS EVERYONE--I WILL GET THE ADDRESS TO YOU TOMORROW. IF YOU CAN PLEASE SEND HER A CARD--IT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL TO SEE HER BEAUTIFUL SMILE...

kayleesgrandma

I know this is off-topic--but I would like to ask a favor--could you all send a card to my mom?

I think it would cheer her up immensly if she had a wall of cards to look at. I like to call it an "encouragement wall". She has to go to skilled, because she is still on IV's for the pnemonia, and a telemonitor for afib. When she gets off of those--THEN she gets to go to REHAB. We're looking at about 5 more weeks of hospital stay, and she's already been there for one.

She got her cast cut off the stump yesterday, and was fitted with a "shinker"--a sock to help the swelling go down. She was a little weepy yesterday before I left--think it's post traumatic stress hitting her finally.

She doesn't need anything, she sleeps when not working on walking, but I just though a card would cheer her up...

EDITTED:
WELL, MY BROTHER CALLED ME TONIGHT AND THE INS WILL NOT PAY FOR MOM TO STAY IN SKILLED AND REHAB THERE AT HOSPITAL (EVEN THO HOSPITAL JUST BUILT A NEW REHAB ONLY 4 MONTHS AGO)--SO SHE IS MOVING TO ANOTHER SKILLED FACILITY. I AM UPSET ABOUT THIS, AS I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS FACILITY IS LIKE. SO I WILL GET THE ADDRESS TOMORROW, AND MAKE SURE THE HOSPITAL GETS ANY CARDS TO HER AT HER NEW ADDRESS.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE--MOM WALKED CLEAR OUT TO NURSE'S STATION FROM HER ROOM WITH A TEMP PROSTETHSIS (SP)!!! I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE HOW WELL SHE IS DOING! IT'S BEEN ONLY 4 DAYS AFTER SURGERY--AND SHE IS WALKING AROUND!

THANKS EVERYONE--I WILL GET THE ADDRESS TO YOU TOMORROW. IF YOU CAN PLEASE SEND HER A CARD--IT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL TO SEE HER BEAUTIFUL SMILE...

kayleesgrandma

EDITTED:

kayleesgrandma

EDITTED:

kayleesgrandma

EDITTED: