Maybe a stupid question, but can twins with CF share the same room?

Libby

Im just wonder so when I take them home, I have to separate them. I asked the doctor and he gave me a stupid answer and didn't even answer my question. At the hospital they are in separate rooms but I thought it might be because its the hospital but now I dont know since the CF doctor said about them not sharing and if one is sick keep the other well away.
So can you tell me if they can?
Also this is a question for the future, can they go to the same school and be in the same class? because I read online that they dont really want CF students being in the same environment but if they share a house, whats the difference with sharing a classroom/school?

Twistofchaos

Yeah.

My sister and I also grew up together with relatively little problems. Rooms or not ofcourse you share a lot of stuff anyway. Are often in the same car and so on.

When one gets relatively much sicker, with more antibiotics treatments and bacteria that have become resistent to a list of antibiotics is when it starts to get more risky. (hopefully very, very far away or never.)
It's not so much the bacteria but catching a strain of bacteria that are resistent which is the risk between CF'ers.

Ofcourse growing up together can far outweigh any potential risk but that is for each to decide. And not something you have to worry about now.
It's only about 10-15 years ago anyway that the CF world suddenly got on this separation thing and perhaps went slightly overboard. (It varies per CF center.) As a kid I went to CF camp every year.. And yearly meetings as an adult. And to be honest do miss the trips, contact and support one gets from face to face meetings.

peter

Ana and Isa Stenzil are a well known model of living together. Probably most psychology studies of twins validate importance of closeness. Separation causes certain anxieties and impair immune system responses to disease. MRSA type issues are colorblind so that is when precautions (MAC) need to be sensitively addressed. Schooling could be discussed when the time comes and who knows how far research and treatment may have progressed by then.

GlennyB

Hi libby

are you on Facebook? Because there is a great support group with heaps of mums from the UK, It's called CF Parents Group. It's only for parents, and has a really lovely group of mums whom are so supportive, and knowledgeable. So look it up. CF Parents Group. All the best :)