Meconium illeus at birth

sue35

Well don't I feel like the odd one out. I am double F508 and no MI for me. I was diagnosed because of ear infections.

sue35

Well don't I feel like the odd one out. I am double F508 and no MI for me. I was diagnosed because of ear infections.

sue35

Nicole

Danny seems to be absorbing his vitamins well. I don't remember exactly how much bowel he lost but I remember the surgeon saying that it wasn't much. He did have an ileostomy bag for about 3 months and was then reconnected.

Nicole

Danny seems to be absorbing his vitamins well. I don't remember exactly how much bowel he lost but I remember the surgeon saying that it wasn't much. He did have an ileostomy bag for about 3 months and was then reconnected.

Nicole

Tess

I had a possible Mi .... they'd schedual surgery and I'd start they cancled and i stop ..... after repeating that 3 times, they concluded that my milk was mixed too strong. Added more water and i didn't need surgery... and I have no idea what gene(s) I have.

Tess

I had a possible Mi .... they'd schedual surgery and I'd start they cancled and i stop ..... after repeating that 3 times, they concluded that my milk was mixed too strong. Added more water and i didn't need surgery... and I have no idea what gene(s) I have.

Tess

spicyone18

I dont know what genes I have but if I were to guess I would guess that I have at least one delta f508. I had MI and I had a quite a bit of my intestines removed. I have one long scar across above my bellybutton, then a smaller one I guess from the bag. I have a hard time absorbing vitamins. Specially Vit D. I had my surgery less then 24 hours old.

spicyone18

I dont know what genes I have but if I were to guess I would guess that I have at least one delta f508. I had MI and I had a quite a bit of my intestines removed. I have one long scar across above my bellybutton, then a smaller one I guess from the bag. I have a hard time absorbing vitamins. Specially Vit D. I had my surgery less then 24 hours old.

spicyone18

vestgirl

I had a meconium illeus at birth. My mutations are delta f508 and W1282X. When I born they noticed my stomach was enlarged so I went right into surgery. I have a long scar above my belly button going across my stomach and then a smaller one next to it. I also have a scar on my neck from where they had placed a central line. I take six Creon 20 enzymes with meals and 3 with snacks. I have always had good vitamin levels. More lung problems then digestive problems throughout my life.

vestgirl

I had a meconium illeus at birth. My mutations are delta f508 and W1282X. When I born they noticed my stomach was enlarged so I went right into surgery. I have a long scar above my belly button going across my stomach and then a smaller one next to it. I also have a scar on my neck from where they had placed a central line. I take six Creon 20 enzymes with meals and 3 with snacks. I have always had good vitamin levels. More lung problems then digestive problems throughout my life.

vestgirl

KrazyKat

I'm another odd one out....Double DF508 but no MI. Always thought my digestion issues were more severe than my lung, but have never had a blockage either so maybe not. Am pancreatic insufficient and way too skinny, but with ADEKs regularly my vitamin levels are usually good.

KrazyKat

I'm another odd one out....Double DF508 but no MI. Always thought my digestion issues were more severe than my lung, but have never had a blockage either so maybe not. Am pancreatic insufficient and way too skinny, but with ADEKs regularly my vitamin levels are usually good.

KrazyKat

westonsmom

Weston was also born with MI which lead to a meconium illeus. He was operated on at 6 hours old. He also has homogenous Delta 508. I also read a study that said that MI and digestive issues were more common in people with homogenous delta 508. Weston has two scars. One long one above his belly button and another small one where the illeostomy bag was.

About the vitamins. I don't know. He was failing to thrive for a long time, but then we got the diagnosis and started a new formula. He has been gaining ever since. He frequently still gets MI's and they perform gasto enema's to relieve him for these.

westonsmom

Weston was also born with MI which lead to a meconium illeus. He was operated on at 6 hours old. He also has homogenous Delta 508. I also read a study that said that MI and digestive issues were more common in people with homogenous delta 508. Weston has two scars. One long one above his belly button and another small one where the illeostomy bag was.

About the vitamins. I don't know. He was failing to thrive for a long time, but then we got the diagnosis and started a new formula. He has been gaining ever since. He frequently still gets MI's and they perform gasto enema's to relieve him for these.