Median Age

mistylavon

I've read on these forums several places that the median age for the Minnesota clinic is over 48. Does anyone know the median age of CF patients at the Denver clinic? We're considering relocating to one of these areas and are trying to do our research and make sure we learn all the facts first.
Thanks,
Misty

mistylavon

I've read on these forums several places that the median age for the Minnesota clinic is over 48. Does anyone know the median age of CF patients at the Denver clinic? We're considering relocating to one of these areas and are trying to do our research and make sure we learn all the facts first.
Thanks,
Misty

mistylavon

Thanks,
Misty

debs2girls

Misty, I dont have an answer to your question. I just wanted to say, I hope you do relocate...then maybe we can connect (in person, instead of just the phone) next time you visit your relatives.

Good luck in your search.

debs2girls

Misty, I dont have an answer to your question. I just wanted to say, I hope you do relocate...then maybe we can connect (in person, instead of just the phone) next time you visit your relatives.

debs2girls

Mockingbird

I hear the children's clinic here is very good, although I've never been there personally. I go to the adult clinic, and I think that one is great. Here is a link for the hospital which contains the children's CF center in Denver: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.thechildrenshospital.org/">http://www.thechildrenshospital.org/</a>

Mockingbird

I hear the children's clinic here is very good, although I've never been there personally. I go to the adult clinic, and I think that one is great. Here is a link for the hospital which contains the children's CF center in Denver: <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.thechildrenshospital.org/">http://www.thechildrenshospital.org/</a>

Mockingbird

mistylavon

Hi Debbie - How are you? Thanks for your post. If we move it'll be a while. I'm just checking things out. I'll be home in mid to end of October. My sister's getting married in Guthrie on October 27.

Thank you everyone for your help/information.

Misty

mistylavon

Hi Debbie - How are you? Thanks for your post. If we move it'll be a while. I'm just checking things out. I'll be home in mid to end of October. My sister's getting married in Guthrie on October 27.

Misty

mistylavon

Misty

Caleblove0802

Hi Debbie,

We are in the Denver area and were just at the CF Clinic yesterday. There is a bunch of sinus infections and flu like bugs going around and of course my son had to catch it as well. I personally love the clinic in Denver. I do not know the average life expect. To be honest I never knew it varied depending on state or clinic. Knowing that I would move to Mars by ourselves if it meant my son would have a better chance of living longer. I have only heard of the CFF's median life expectancy being released. The CF clinic has become part of our family. We talk about the nurses and the Doctor(s) as if they are in our family.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Melissa
1 son Caleb 20 mos w/CF and in the 97th PERCENTILE!!!

Caleblove0802

Hi Debbie,

We are in the Denver area and were just at the CF Clinic yesterday. There is a bunch of sinus infections and flu like bugs going around and of course my son had to catch it as well. I personally love the clinic in Denver. I do not know the average life expect. To be honest I never knew it varied depending on state or clinic. Knowing that I would move to Mars by ourselves if it meant my son would have a better chance of living longer. I have only heard of the CFF's median life expectancy being released. The CF clinic has become part of our family. We talk about the nurses and the Doctor(s) as if they are in our family.

Melissa

Caleblove0802

Hi Debbie,

Melissa

jenirein

Hi,

My name is Jen and we go to the Denver clinic. They had a meeting where all the data with the statistics was released across the nation, including Denver and Minnesota. Ask Dr. Accurso and he will get you a copy. We also went to Minnesota to speak with Dr. Warwick and the difference was the amount of time they use the vest. Now Maya is on the vest 2 times a day for 35 minutes instead of once for 15 minutes. You can email me at jenirein@yahoo. com for specifics on their recommendations. PS My daughter is 5 and healthy.

jenirein

Hi,

My name is Jen and we go to the Denver clinic. They had a meeting where all the data with the statistics was released across the nation, including Denver and Minnesota. Ask Dr. Accurso and he will get you a copy. We also went to Minnesota to speak with Dr. Warwick and the difference was the amount of time they use the vest. Now Maya is on the vest 2 times a day for 35 minutes instead of once for 15 minutes. You can email me at jenirein@yahoo. com for specifics on their recommendations. PS My daughter is 5 and healthy.