Medical CF Trash and Danger To Pets

RockyLass

Hi everyone!

I thought i'd like call the attention of the dangers of medical trash with regards to our CF equipment and small parts for those who have their pets. My little 1 year old boy doggie recently had a very scary episode of a blockage and had a narrow escape from the vet.

Here is some dangers if you have small,large dogs, or cats, or any pet running around the home like I do:

Cayston Metal Caps -EXTREMELY DANGEROUS- this could lodge in your pet intestine and CUT them.

Cayston Rubber Stoppers - This may pass easy, but it could release unknown toxins.

Plastic Ampules.- From Pulmyzome, Albuterol, HyperTonic, or anything "Ampules". Pets often like to to chew these like a chew stick and I have caught my ones doing this famously.

Small Plastic Ampules twisty TOPS.- These are often square and possibly get caught or stuck inside them, as well as release unknown plastic toxins.

Various Enzyme Pills. -Dropped, under couches, chairs, bathrooms, bedrooms. Enzymes are attractive to pets because they come from bovine/ pig pancreas. Although PROBABLY harmless to a pet if they do find them and eat them, I do not know the chemical reaction in their gut.

Wires, Vest Cords, Cayston Wires or Base Cords. -Risk of electrocution,Toxins from from chewing, or blockage from cord piece/parts. Keep unplugged and away from the floor or ground.

The Vest's Large Tubes. -For very big playful dogs, risk or chewing plastic and ingesting unknown parts. Place away or put pet away when not supervised.

Nebulizer Tubing, IV tubing, Oxygen Tubing.- Dangerous risk of choking, strangulation, or eating of plastic and unknown medical toxins and blockages.

IV sets, needles, port/picc dressing kits, disposable gloves, IV Flushes, and their SMALL Caps.- Extremely dangerous, choking, gum, throat, stomach injuries from needles, and eating of plastic or medical paper trash from kits.

Diabetic Lancets, Needles, Pens, USED Test Strips, ANY Insulin Pump Sets, Mini Tubing pods.- Risks of cuts, blockage, toxins, bleeding, or dislodging.

Complete Nebulizer Sets, Cayston Set, Tobi Pods, Airway Clearing Devices, PEPP, Flutter, Areobkia.- Eating of plastic and blockages and toxicity.

Dropped Antibiotic Pills or Disposed of IV Antibiotic Bags/MediBalls, Eclipse Pumps.- Toxic reaction, vomiting, blockages, or death from unknown antibiotic reactions/ too high a dose drug for a pet.

Other Accidentally Dropped Pills.- On floor, in rooms, bedrooms, near your usual 'station', kitchen, bathroom, Toxic reaction, vomiting, blockages, or death from unknown drugs or poison/ too high a dose drug for a pet, vitamin poisoning 'ADEKS'.

Metal Inhalers, Steroid Drug Delivery Devices, Chocking.-Toxic exposure, blockage, injury . Even a small explosion in his face if the dog punctures metal inhalers!

Dropped Tissues, paper towel, spit cup, WITH YOUR PHLEGM IN THEM.- Yes, dogs like this and eat it, because its YOURS.- Possible little tummy infection or just throw up.

And finally......

Scandishakes, high caloric food droppings, salt shakers: Unexpected Weight gain, and a little thirst and and a smiling pet :)

Here is my little boy, guarding my vest machine, :)

View attachment 447

If there is anymore I missed, please add, that was what I could think of, and take care :)

Symptoms of blockage included: Sudden loss of appetite, sudden vomiting when trying to eat, not pooping in 24 hours, depression, weight loss, not drinking fluids, sometimes bloated tummy, ( but not always!)

RobinB29

My cat is the hunter of swab caps, those little caps with the tiny sponges of alcohol in them I put on the end of my access after IVs. Not all hospitals or home health care companies use them but I think it is becoming standard in the U.S. and admittedly, she is a strange cat but you'd think those caps were filled with catnip the way she acts.