medical expenses on your taxes

Allisa35

You guys may already be aware of this, but I didn't know it. I came across it while I was searching for something else. I don't usually attend conferences, but I know there are some on here that do so this might be helpful. This is from Publication 502 under Medical Conference (from www.irs.gov).

You can include in medical expenses amounts paid for admission and transportation to a medical conference if the medical conference concerns the chronic illness of yourself, your spouse, or your dependent. The costs of the medical conference must be primarily for and necessary to the medical care of you, your spouse, or your dependent. The majority of the time spent at the conference must be spent attending sessions on medical information.

**The cost of meals and lodging while attending the conference is not deductible as a medical expense.

Allisa35

You guys may already be aware of this, but I didn't know it. I came across it while I was searching for something else. I don't usually attend conferences, but I know there are some on here that do so this might be helpful. This is from Publication 502 under Medical Conference (from www.irs.gov).

You can include in medical expenses amounts paid for admission and transportation to a medical conference if the medical conference concerns the chronic illness of yourself, your spouse, or your dependent. The costs of the medical conference must be primarily for and necessary to the medical care of you, your spouse, or your dependent. The majority of the time spent at the conference must be spent attending sessions on medical information.

**The cost of meals and lodging while attending the conference is not deductible as a medical expense.

Allisa35

Allisa35

Allisa35

<br />
<br />You can include in medical expenses amounts paid for admission and transportation to a medical conference if the medical conference concerns the chronic illness of yourself, your spouse, or your dependent. The costs of the medical conference must be primarily for and necessary to the medical care of you, your spouse, or your dependent. The majority of the time spent at the conference must be spent attending sessions on medical information.
<br />
<br />**The cost of meals and lodging while attending the conference is not deductible as a medical expense.
<br />

phutton

Happy Sunday!!

Thank you for posting that!! I was just thinking of looking this up again for this year.

phutton

Happy Sunday!!

Thank you for posting that!! I was just thinking of looking this up again for this year.

phutton

Happy Sunday!!

phutton

Happy Sunday!!

phutton

Happy Sunday!!
<br />
<br />Thank you for posting that!! I was just thinking of looking this up again for this year.
<br />