Medicare denial for Cayston

B

benthyrdeeders

I have a script for Cayston with Foundation Care. They just called to tell me that my medicare has denied coverage, both part B and D.Does anyone have experience with this? I don't qualify for medicaid, so Medicare is all I have. I'm concerned because I can't tollerate Tobi any longer. What does one do when they can't get a drug that's prescribed?

45fw/cf, ddf508

B

benthyrdeeders

I have a script for Cayston with Foundation Care. They just called to tell me that my medicare has denied coverage, both part B and D.Does anyone have experience with this? I don't qualify for medicaid, so Medicare is all I have. I'm concerned because I can't tollerate Tobi any longer. What does one do when they can't get a drug that's prescribed?

45fw/cf, ddf508

B

benthyrdeeders

45fw/cf, ddf508

B

benthyrdeeders

45fw/cf, ddf508

B

benthyrdeeders

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />45fw/cf, ddf508

bkc3

Wow, sorry to hear this. I'm not sure what to do about this.
I think this is one of my biggest fears. Cutting transplants in AZ and now no new FDA approved antibiotics. Will they cover compounded tobramycin? You could try getting that instead. I'm not sure if it will be more tolerable or not. You may solicit others that have the same coverage and see what they did for approval. maybe your social worker can help too.

bkc3

I think this is one of my biggest fears. Cutting transplants in AZ and now no new FDA approved antibiotics. Will they cover compounded tobramycin? You could try getting that instead. I'm not sure if it will be more tolerable or not. You may solicit others that have the same coverage and see what they did for approval. maybe your social worker can help too.

bkc3

bkc3

bkc3

<br />I think this is one of my biggest fears. Cutting transplants in AZ and now no new FDA approved antibiotics. Will they cover compounded tobramycin? You could try getting that instead. I'm not sure if it will be more tolerable or not. You may solicit others that have the same coverage and see what they did for approval. maybe your social worker can help too.

bkc3

as a side note, is this what the government means by keeping medical decisions between the patient and their doctor?

bkc3

as a side note, is this what the government means by keeping medical decisions between the patient and their doctor?

bkc3

bkc3

bkc3

JustDucky

As far as I know, Cayston isn't covered on Medicare part B or D, perhaps because it has just been approved. TOBI definitely is, so I wonder if next year, Cayston will be on their formulary for coverage. Here is some info regarding obtaining assistance in getting Cayston if you qualify though.

Cayston® Access Program

The Cayston® Access Program assists people with cystic fibrosis and members of their care team with insurance verification, referral to participating specialty pharmacies, claims support and co-pay assistance. As part of this program, Gilead also provides assistance to qualified patients in the United States who cannot afford to pay for Cayston.

For information about the Cayston® Access Program, call 1-877-7CAYSTON (877-722-9786) Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Eastern).

This program was developed in conjunction with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Pharmacy, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Good luck, Jenn

JustDucky

As far as I know, Cayston isn't covered on Medicare part B or D, perhaps because it has just been approved. TOBI definitely is, so I wonder if next year, Cayston will be on their formulary for coverage. Here is some info regarding obtaining assistance in getting Cayston if you qualify though.

Cayston® Access Program

The Cayston® Access Program assists people with cystic fibrosis and members of their care team with insurance verification, referral to participating specialty pharmacies, claims support and co-pay assistance. As part of this program, Gilead also provides assistance to qualified patients in the United States who cannot afford to pay for Cayston.

For information about the Cayston® Access Program, call 1-877-7CAYSTON (877-722-9786) Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Eastern).

This program was developed in conjunction with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Pharmacy, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Good luck, Jenn

JustDucky

Cayston® Access Program

Good luck, Jenn

JustDucky

Cayston® Access Program

Good luck, Jenn

JustDucky

<br />
<br />Cayston® Access Program
<br />
<br />The Cayston® Access Program assists people with cystic fibrosis and members of their care team with insurance verification, referral to participating specialty pharmacies, claims support and co-pay assistance. As part of this program, Gilead also provides assistance to qualified patients in the United States who cannot afford to pay for Cayston.
<br />
<br />For information about the Cayston® Access Program, call 1-877-7CAYSTON (877-722-9786) Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Eastern).
<br />
<br />This program was developed in conjunction with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Pharmacy, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
<br />
<br />Good luck, Jenn