Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage

CSalomonson

Hello, I have Medicare Part A for my Hospital coverage. I haven't been admitted to a hospital for CF since July 2006. At that time, I was in a Medicare Advantage Plan, and coverage at the hospital was basically 100% at that time. I have never been in the hospital for a CF "tune-up" using Medicare Part A. I have looked through my 2009 Medicare benefit booklet, but I want to ask what your experiences have been, if you are on Part A, and if it works out ok, or costs a lot of money as far as things being not covered. I know there is a $1,068 Part A deductible for hospital coverage. Anyone who has experience with Part A, please let me know. Thank you.

CSalomonson

Hello, I have Medicare Part A for my Hospital coverage. I haven't been admitted to a hospital for CF since July 2006. At that time, I was in a Medicare Advantage Plan, and coverage at the hospital was basically 100% at that time. I have never been in the hospital for a CF "tune-up" using Medicare Part A. I have looked through my 2009 Medicare benefit booklet, but I want to ask what your experiences have been, if you are on Part A, and if it works out ok, or costs a lot of money as far as things being not covered. I know there is a $1,068 Part A deductible for hospital coverage. Anyone who has experience with Part A, please let me know. Thank you.

CSalomonson

CSalomonson

CSalomonson

JazzysMom

Part A, after the deductable, will cover the meds, the room, the food, the therapists, the nurses, interns/residents, labs, xrays etc.

The doctors are covered under Part B. There is an annual deductable for that before they pay 80%.

Sometimes if the doctor is an actual hospital employee like the Nurses their charges are covered under Part A because its part of the hospital bill. This includes your Attending Doctor as well as Radiologist that read the xrays, Doctors who do PICC lines etc.

If you need more clarification give a shout!

JazzysMom

Part A, after the deductable, will cover the meds, the room, the food, the therapists, the nurses, interns/residents, labs, xrays etc.

The doctors are covered under Part B. There is an annual deductable for that before they pay 80%.

Sometimes if the doctor is an actual hospital employee like the Nurses their charges are covered under Part A because its part of the hospital bill. This includes your Attending Doctor as well as Radiologist that read the xrays, Doctors who do PICC lines etc.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />The doctors are covered under Part B. There is an annual deductable for that before they pay 80%.
<br />
<br />Sometimes if the doctor is an actual hospital employee like the Nurses their charges are covered under Part A because its part of the hospital bill. This includes your Attending Doctor as well as Radiologist that read the xrays, Doctors who do PICC lines etc.
<br />
<br />If you need more clarification give a shout!

M

MiddleAgedLady

this is helpful info for me as well. I'll be rolling over to Medicare off of my company's LTD in January. I have NO ideas of what to expect!

M

MiddleAgedLady

this is helpful info for me as well. I'll be rolling over to Medicare off of my company's LTD in January. I have NO ideas of what to expect!

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady