meeting new dr this month in nyc at pres columbia

labellavita

so its been a while but i finally got my insurance and everything straightened out so i could make an appt with a cf center out here. ended up making one with dr emily dimango (sp) at columbia... im certain im going to need ivs asap. my pfts are probably in the 30s (usually high 40s at baseline) weights dropped all the normal bs. im wondering if anyone sees her or goes to this hospital and can tell me what to expect. i need to be able to do the ivs at home as i work full time. i can get 5 days off (already planned) for the day of the appt and the following 5 days to get a picc in and the antibiotics started and im hoping theyll be cooperative and understand that i need this to fit in with my life. ive had a lot of problems with drs in the past which is why im actually in ny now. any tips for this hospital/team would be appreciated! thanks!

labellavita

so its been a while but i finally got my insurance and everything straightened out so i could make an appt with a cf center out here. ended up making one with dr emily dimango (sp) at columbia... im certain im going to need ivs asap. my pfts are probably in the 30s (usually high 40s at baseline) weights dropped all the normal bs. im wondering if anyone sees her or goes to this hospital and can tell me what to expect. i need to be able to do the ivs at home as i work full time. i can get 5 days off (already planned) for the day of the appt and the following 5 days to get a picc in and the antibiotics started and im hoping theyll be cooperative and understand that i need this to fit in with my life. ive had a lot of problems with drs in the past which is why im actually in ny now. any tips for this hospital/team would be appreciated! thanks!

labellavita

labellavita

labellavita

hockeykid

I live about an hour from NYC. I know they have an excellent CF Care Center. You are definately in great hands. Their program is very comprehensive. The spoke to the Nurse Coordinator last year. I was thinking about switching to their program. I decided to stay local instead. Good luck to you!

hockeykid

I live about an hour from NYC. I know they have an excellent CF Care Center. You are definately in great hands. Their program is very comprehensive. The spoke to the Nurse Coordinator last year. I was thinking about switching to their program. I decided to stay local instead. Good luck to you!

hockeykid

hockeykid

hockeykid

zoe4life

NOTE: THIS POST IS FROM MEL A/K/A JAZZYSMOM

They are a great center. I, personally, go to St. Vincents, but will be dealing with Columbia as I approach the tx process.

Piper a/k/a NYCLawgirl goes to Columbia!

zoe4life

They are a great center. I, personally, go to St. Vincents, but will be dealing with Columbia as I approach the tx process.

zoe4life

zoe4life

zoe4life

<br />
<br />They are a great center. I, personally, go to St. Vincents, but will be dealing with Columbia as I approach the tx process.
<br />
<br />Piper a/k/a NYCLawgirl goes to Columbia!

NYCLawGirl

since she literally just walked out of my hospital room five seconds ago, let me tell you that you're getting an AMAZING doctor. in my personal experience the columbia team is absolutely fine with home IVs and totally willing to work with patient needs/schedules. i also hate the hospital and am almost always able to avoid it. when i do have to come in for a good reason, the team always works with me to arrange a speedy discharge as soon as things look better.

i can't say enough good things about the columbia clinic, honestly. dr. dimango is a fantastic CF doctor, very knowledgeable, kind, supportive, and an overall wonderful person. her staff is great and the newest member of the team, another doctor named dr. keating, is also really wonderful from my brief experience with her. i would seriously recommend the clinic to anyone.

let me know if you have any more specific questions.

NYCLawGirl

since she literally just walked out of my hospital room five seconds ago, let me tell you that you're getting an AMAZING doctor. in my personal experience the columbia team is absolutely fine with home IVs and totally willing to work with patient needs/schedules. i also hate the hospital and am almost always able to avoid it. when i do have to come in for a good reason, the team always works with me to arrange a speedy discharge as soon as things look better.

i can't say enough good things about the columbia clinic, honestly. dr. dimango is a fantastic CF doctor, very knowledgeable, kind, supportive, and an overall wonderful person. her staff is great and the newest member of the team, another doctor named dr. keating, is also really wonderful from my brief experience with her. i would seriously recommend the clinic to anyone.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />i can't say enough good things about the columbia clinic, honestly. dr. dimango is a fantastic CF doctor, very knowledgeable, kind, supportive, and an overall wonderful person. her staff is great and the newest member of the team, another doctor named dr. keating, is also really wonderful from my brief experience with her. i would seriously recommend the clinic to anyone.
<br />
<br />let me know if you have any more specific questions.