Mic-key Gtube

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My boys took about a week to feel better after the button. It was hard to cough for a while though, (they had to hold a pillow on their stomach and press in).

They had the morphine pump the first 24 hours I think. AFter that they had tylenol/codeine, but I remember they didn't use it much.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My boys took about a week to feel better after the button. It was hard to cough for a while though, (they had to hold a pillow on their stomach and press in).

They had the morphine pump the first 24 hours I think. AFter that they had tylenol/codeine, but I remember they didn't use it much.

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader

Jane

Digital opinion leader
<br />
<br />They had the morphine pump the first 24 hours I think. AFter that they had tylenol/codeine, but I remember they didn't use it much.
<br />
<br />Good luck and let us know how it goes!

C

Cariann2005Rob

all i have to say is good luck and i hope it works out for you! I have the bard.. i refused to get the mickey cuz it was way to bulky for me! I was way down probably around 73lbs at 5'3"... my husband made me get it... if it wasnt for him i wouldnt have gotten it but for sure it has helped me out allot! i hate it though now! i am usually usually around 103lbs... but when i get sick i loose around 10lbs in less then a week! so it does help out when i get sick and dont feel like eating!!! anyways, i wish you luck and i hope you are happy with it.. the pain wasnt to bad afterwards, but it did hurt a little bit when you cough!!! good luck!

C

Cariann2005Rob

all i have to say is good luck and i hope it works out for you! I have the bard.. i refused to get the mickey cuz it was way to bulky for me! I was way down probably around 73lbs at 5'3"... my husband made me get it... if it wasnt for him i wouldnt have gotten it but for sure it has helped me out allot! i hate it though now! i am usually usually around 103lbs... but when i get sick i loose around 10lbs in less then a week! so it does help out when i get sick and dont feel like eating!!! anyways, i wish you luck and i hope you are happy with it.. the pain wasnt to bad afterwards, but it did hurt a little bit when you cough!!! good luck!

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

Bostonsox44

The mic-key button g-tube works wonders. i was a healthy CF patient up until may of my freshman (2004-2005) year and i took a turn for the worst. I kept getting put in the hospital all the way to the end of my sophomore (2006-2007) year and around march of that time i decided to get the mic-key button. At that time i weighted 99 pounds and got up too about 125 over that summer then started doing a bolus instead of a continuous feed over night and started getting sick again in my junior (2007-2008) year and started losing weight again and now im a senior and i've started the pump back and i went from 111 pounds to 123 in just a month.

Bostonsox44

The mic-key button g-tube works wonders. i was a healthy CF patient up until may of my freshman (2004-2005) year and i took a turn for the worst. I kept getting put in the hospital all the way to the end of my sophomore (2006-2007) year and around march of that time i decided to get the mic-key button. At that time i weighted 99 pounds and got up too about 125 over that summer then started doing a bolus instead of a continuous feed over night and started getting sick again in my junior (2007-2008) year and started losing weight again and now im a senior and i've started the pump back and i went from 111 pounds to 123 in just a month.

Bostonsox44

Bostonsox44

Bostonsox44