Mild case flu/h1n1?

ashmomo

Hi
I am just wondering if anyone has had H1N1 and it has not been so bad as they are saying.
Is it possible to have a mild case of it, or less symptoms?
I started with a sore throat one day (nasal drip in throat also), then headache..kinda flu feeling head aching, slight body ache..not much though...yet very tired, of course. I have been taking Cold/Flu DayQuil since I started having any nasal drip symptoms. Maybe that could have held things off a bit?
It started Monday and now I just have a nasal drip in my throat still and a wierd feeling in my throat...scratchy, makes me want to cough.

I am just wondering cuz my almost 6 mo old w/ CF was not very interested in eating yesterday and some runny poop. She also was spitting up alot more than normal. I am not sure if I could have had the flu or maybe it was just another virus. Should I call the doc and have her put on TamiFlu if they would? She is like 7 days away from 6 mos old. I also have a 4 year old w/ CF.

Do you think I could have had any sort of flu? Or do you htink it was something more simple?

Thanks for any advice.

ashmomo

Hi
I am just wondering if anyone has had H1N1 and it has not been so bad as they are saying.
I started with a sore throat one day (nasal drip in throat also), then headache..kinda flu feeling head aching, slight body ache..not much though...yet very tired, of course. I have been taking Cold/Flu DayQuil since I started having any nasal drip symptoms. Maybe that could have held things off a bit?
It started Monday and now I just have a nasal drip in my throat still and a wierd feeling in my throat...scratchy, makes me want to cough.

I am just wondering cuz my almost 6 mo old w/ CF was not very interested in eating yesterday and some runny poop. She also was spitting up alot more than normal. I am not sure if I could have had the flu or maybe it was just another virus. Should I call the doc and have her put on TamiFlu if they would? She is like 7 days away from 6 mos old. I also have a 4 year old w/ CF.

Do you think I could have had any sort of flu? Or do you htink it was something more simple?

Thanks for any advice.

ashmomo

Hi

Thanks for any advice.

ashmomo

Hi

Thanks for any advice.

ashmomo

Hi
<br />I am just wondering if anyone has had H1N1 and it has not been so bad as they are saying.
<br />Is it possible to have a mild case of it, or less symptoms?
<br />I started with a sore throat one day (nasal drip in throat also), then headache..kinda flu feeling head aching, slight body ache..not much though...yet very tired, of course. I have been taking Cold/Flu DayQuil since I started having any nasal drip symptoms. Maybe that could have held things off a bit?
<br />It started Monday and now I just have a nasal drip in my throat still and a wierd feeling in my throat...scratchy, makes me want to cough.
<br />
<br />I am just wondering cuz my almost 6 mo old w/ CF was not very interested in eating yesterday and some runny poop. She also was spitting up alot more than normal. I am not sure if I could have had the flu or maybe it was just another virus. Should I call the doc and have her put on TamiFlu if they would? She is like 7 days away from 6 mos old. I also have a 4 year old w/ CF.
<br />
<br />Do you think I could have had any sort of flu? Or do you htink it was something more simple?
<br />
<br />Thanks for any advice.
<br />

Buckeye

I think the big thing that tells you it was the flu is the fever. Almost everyone gets a fever of 102 or higher, plus the symptons of the flu come on very quickly, not over the course of a few days.

Buckeye

I think the big thing that tells you it was the flu is the fever. Almost everyone gets a fever of 102 or higher, plus the symptons of the flu come on very quickly, not over the course of a few days.

Buckeye

Buckeye

Buckeye

S

sdelorenzo

Tamiflu is not approved for children less than one year. But some doctors will give it on a case to case basis. I imagine they would want a diagnosis before giving it to a baby. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a mild case. You don't have to run a fever.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 9 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Tamiflu is not approved for children less than one year. But some doctors will give it on a case to case basis. I imagine they would want a diagnosis before giving it to a baby. I wouldn't be surprised if you had a mild case. You don't have to run a fever.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 9 months no cf

saveferris2009

Have you called the doc?
<br />
<br />Get a swab and you'll know if it's influenza A or B.
<br />
<br />And the doc will tell you if Tamiflu it appropriate.