Mini One G-Button Issues

JennyCoulon

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have had major issues with the Mini One g-button. Our oldest got his button when he was 5 and will soon be 14. He was placed with the Bard and then we switched the Mini button. Our middle son got his button a year ago from last July and he had the
Mic-key placed. Once we could change it we switched to the Mini One button because that was supposed to be so great. Once our middle child had it then we decided to switch our oldest to it as well. We never had issues until just this past 6 months. Our middle child has issues of the balloon busting or getting a hole which deflates the balloon and therefore the button falling out. We thought maybe it was a fluke but we have switched out 3 Mini One button's in the past month. I did talk to the home health company and she did state that a lot of people seem to be having a problem with this. We finally changed the Mini One that fell out the other day with the Mini to see if there is any difference. I just wanted to make parent's aware that if your child is having issues with the Mini One make sure and contact your home health company so they can record it and get you other option. I did blow the balloon up after it had fallen out and there is a hole at the end of the stem that just leaks. Being a parent of a child with a g-button you know it is a tramatic experience when it is time to change it out especially when it falls out. Just an FYI