Minimum amount of sweat for accurate Sweat Test?

annonymous

I've heard different numbers over the years. Does anyone know the minimum amount of sweat required for an accurate reading on a Sweat Test?

annonymous

I've heard different numbers over the years. Does anyone know the minimum amount of sweat required for an accurate reading on a Sweat Test?

annonymous

annonymous

annonymous

MaksNana

I'm sorry I can't help, but I do know there has to be a certain amount collected. When Mak took hers, sometimes it would be inconclusive because there would not be enought sweat. So they do not call it a possitive or a non possitive test, it will have to be repeated untill they at least get 2 test that are not inconclusive.
Good luck,,,,,, Karla

MaksNana

I'm sorry I can't help, but I do know there has to be a certain amount collected. When Mak took hers, sometimes it would be inconclusive because there would not be enought sweat. So they do not call it a possitive or a non possitive test, it will have to be repeated untill they at least get 2 test that are not inconclusive.
Good luck,,,,,, Karla

MaksNana

Good luck,,,,,, Karla

MaksNana

Good luck,,,,,, Karla

MaksNana

<br />Good luck,,,,,, Karla

hmw

I'm also not sure of exactly how much you need to obtain. Something that also helps boost odds of accuracy as well as getting enough is to collect a sample from both arms when they do the test (and of course getting the test done at an accredited facility.)

I've also heard of two ways of doing the sweat test: Some people have also referred to tests where essentially a piece of plastic is just taped against the skin to collect sweat and the person is instructed to be warmly dressed, move around, etc. With the other test, pilocarpine gel is applied and then the skin is stimulated w/ electrodes (which causes sweating) and then a wristwatch-like device is strapped on over the area that had been stimulated to collect the sweat. You can then see the collection area fill up (it turns color as it fills.) I would assume there would be greater odds of getting sufficient sweat with the latter test since the skin is stimulated to produce it.

hmw

I'm also not sure of exactly how much you need to obtain. Something that also helps boost odds of accuracy as well as getting enough is to collect a sample from both arms when they do the test (and of course getting the test done at an accredited facility.)

I've also heard of two ways of doing the sweat test: Some people have also referred to tests where essentially a piece of plastic is just taped against the skin to collect sweat and the person is instructed to be warmly dressed, move around, etc. With the other test, pilocarpine gel is applied and then the skin is stimulated w/ electrodes (which causes sweating) and then a wristwatch-like device is strapped on over the area that had been stimulated to collect the sweat. You can then see the collection area fill up (it turns color as it fills.) I would assume there would be greater odds of getting sufficient sweat with the latter test since the skin is stimulated to produce it.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />I've also heard of two ways of doing the sweat test: Some people have also referred to tests where essentially a piece of plastic is just taped against the skin to collect sweat and the person is instructed to be warmly dressed, move around, etc. With the other test, pilocarpine gel is applied and then the skin is stimulated w/ electrodes (which causes sweating) and then a wristwatch-like device is strapped on over the area that had been stimulated to collect the sweat. You can then see the collection area fill up (it turns color as it fills.) I would assume there would be greater odds of getting sufficient sweat with the latter test since the skin is stimulated to produce it.