Mobilaire compressor question another thing, not making anymore???

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I have not yet changed/checked  the filter on my daughter's compressor, the Mobilaire.  How often do you change the filter.  the instructions say to wash it with soapy water and let air dry.  What do you all do and where the heck is the filter on the machine anyway?  TIA

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I have not yet changed/checked the filter on my daughter's compressor, the Mobilaire. How often do you change the filter. the instructions say to wash it with soapy water and let air dry. What do you all do and where the heck is the filter on the machine anyway? TIA

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I have not yet changed/checked the filter on my daughter's compressor, the Mobilaire. How often do you change the filter. the instructions say to wash it with soapy water and let air dry. What do you all do and where the heck is the filter on the machine anyway? TIA

hockeykid

Mobilaire compressor question

I change the filter every three months. The filter is under the black cap across ftom the pressure dial.

hockeykid

I change the filter every three months. The filter is under the black cap across ftom the pressure dial.

hockeykid

M

Mayasmom

I have another question about the Mobilaire compressor. The hose keeps popping off when we turn it on. I see a few posts about this problem but no solution. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop this from happening? We are using the hose that came with the Pari LC Plus nebulizer. Does anyone else use this particular nebulizer with this compressor? Do you set it at 35 psi for Pulmozyme? I don't think we need to set it higher because the Pari cup also contributes to break-down the particle size much better than the sidestream, I belive. Please correct me if I'm wrong. We bought this compressor only for Pulmozyme. My daughter thinks its too loud and prefers to use the Pari Ultra II for her hypertonic saline with the Pari neb cups. Any input is much appreciated!

M

Mayasmom

I have another question about the Mobilaire compressor. The hose keeps popping off when we turn it on. I see a few posts about this problem but no solution. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to stop this from happening? We are using the hose that came with the Pari LC Plus nebulizer. Does anyone else use this particular nebulizer with this compressor? Do you set it at 35 psi for Pulmozyme? I don't think we need to set it higher because the Pari cup also contributes to break-down the particle size much better than the sidestream, I belive. Please correct me if I'm wrong. We bought this compressor only for Pulmozyme. My daughter thinks its too loud and prefers to use the Pari Ultra II for her hypertonic saline with the Pari neb cups. Any input is much appreciated!

M

Mayasmom

<br />

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

If you do wash your filter, make sure you only wash the black foam filter. The white filter is supposed to stay dry.

As far as the hose popping off. We only occasionally have a problem with that. Normally a new hose will fix it (but I have come across new hoses that don't seem to fit tight enough). Also, we run ours at 30 psi, so I'm not sure if we would encounter more problems at 35 psi.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

If you do wash your filter, make sure you only wash the black foam filter. The white filter is supposed to stay dry.

As far as the hose popping off. We only occasionally have a problem with that. Normally a new hose will fix it (but I have come across new hoses that don't seem to fit tight enough). Also, we run ours at 30 psi, so I'm not sure if we would encounter more problems at 35 psi.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

<br />
<br />As far as the hose popping off. We only occasionally have a problem with that. Normally a new hose will fix it (but I have come across new hoses that don't seem to fit tight enough). Also, we run ours at 30 psi, so I'm not sure if we would encounter more problems at 35 psi.

M

Mayasmom

Teri, do you use the Pari cup or sidestream?

M

Mayasmom

M

Mayasmom

theLostMiler

I havent changed my felt filter yet, I just ordered one though, I periodically wash the foam one. I also took about the back of the machine and washed the grate and the fan blades off (though that air isnt inhaled, but it was an effort to try to keep the machine in tip top shape).

I only run mine at 25-30 psi and I typically only have a problem with the hose popping off when its time to change tubing. I normally use the winged tipped tubing that comes with the Pari LC SPRINT. Sometimes I use the blue and green ended kind where the blue end I think is the harder end...? I have the most problems I think with the green/green tubing. I hate when it pops off, scares me to death ahah

theLostMiler

I havent changed my felt filter yet, I just ordered one though, I periodically wash the foam one. I also took about the back of the machine and washed the grate and the fan blades off (though that air isnt inhaled, but it was an effort to try to keep the machine in tip top shape).

I only run mine at 25-30 psi and I typically only have a problem with the hose popping off when its time to change tubing. I normally use the winged tipped tubing that comes with the Pari LC SPRINT. Sometimes I use the blue and green ended kind where the blue end I think is the harder end...? I have the most problems I think with the green/green tubing. I hate when it pops off, scares me to death ahah

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />I only run mine at 25-30 psi and I typically only have a problem with the hose popping off when its time to change tubing. I normally use the winged tipped tubing that comes with the Pari LC SPRINT. Sometimes I use the blue and green ended kind where the blue end I think is the harder end...? I have the most problems I think with the green/green tubing. I hate when it pops off, scares me to death ahah

theLostMiler

oh and the filter is located in the screw in thing in the "A" outlet which is labled on the top of the machine (the dark green area where there is like "A", "B" stuff)

theLostMiler

oh and the filter is located in the screw in thing in the "A" outlet which is labled on the top of the machine (the dark green area where there is like "A", "B" stuff)