Month old with CF

Patricia12569

Thank you Melissa and hello!

She has answered my questions. I just have alot of feelings that I have no answers for. The how, why, and all that. I am trying to come to terms with this all and I know I will. Cheyenne has been to the CF clinic twice. The first time they did the sweat test which came back positive. They were going to do another one last week, but for whatever reason chose not to do so. They were also going to test the parents, but didn't. Some of this is confusing to me - like why they did not do what they said they were going to do. Is one test enough? From the stuff I am reading about CF it seems it is, but I would rather hear it from people that have been there already and gone through this first hand. There is jsut so much going through my mind it is hard to put it all down here and now. I thank you and Heather for your time and patience with me and my questions.

Patricia12569

She has answered my questions. I just have alot of feelings that I have no answers for. The how, why, and all that. I am trying to come to terms with this all and I know I will. Cheyenne has been to the CF clinic twice. The first time they did the sweat test which came back positive. They were going to do another one last week, but for whatever reason chose not to do so. They were also going to test the parents, but didn't. Some of this is confusing to me - like why they did not do what they said they were going to do. Is one test enough? From the stuff I am reading about CF it seems it is, but I would rather hear it from people that have been there already and gone through this first hand. There is jsut so much going through my mind it is hard to put it all down here and now. I thank you and Heather for your time and patience with me and my questions.

Patricia12569

Patricia12569

Patricia12569

blkmsmommy

my little girl was diagnosied only with a sweat test and she still does not have a problem gaining and she is almost 3. i would say thier about 99% right

blkmsmommy

my little girl was diagnosied only with a sweat test and she still does not have a problem gaining and she is almost 3. i would say thier about 99% right

blkmsmommy

blkmsmommy

blkmsmommy

JazzysMom

IF it makes you feel more comfortable ask for the genetic testing. Tell them you want to know what mutations she has for your records (possible studies, treatment etc in the future).

One sweat test when positive is usually enough. When its borderline or negative is when it gets iffy!

Hugs to you & dont worry things will settle for you!

JazzysMom

IF it makes you feel more comfortable ask for the genetic testing. Tell them you want to know what mutations she has for your records (possible studies, treatment etc in the future).

One sweat test when positive is usually enough. When its borderline or negative is when it gets iffy!

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Patricia12569

Thank you for all the help. I am trying my best to keep my chin up in this. I know God is on our side and for now she is healthy. We are taking things one day at a time and praying for the best. All of you and your families are in my prayers as well. Hugs to all!

Patricia12569

Thank you for all the help. I am trying my best to keep my chin up in this. I know God is on our side and for now she is healthy. We are taking things one day at a time and praying for the best. All of you and your families are in my prayers as well. Hugs to all!

Patricia12569

Patricia12569

Patricia12569