More aggressive FESS

So I have had 2 FESS's in less than 2 years. 1st one I got a small amt of relief, the 2nd I felt worse because it released the dam of infection that was building up. Needless to say no real relief since the last one. I have scheduled another one for January 3. This time they are going to drill larger passage ways to allow the internal sinuses to drain more. Has anyone had where they drill the sinuses, was it a lot more painful than the regular FESS, and did you stay or go home that day. If you went home did you feel you should have stayed overnight? When were you able to return to work?

Beccamom

My daughter had the windows drilled and had no sinus infections the past two years.

So I have had 2 FESS's in less than 2 years. 1st one I got a small amt of relief, the 2nd I felt worse because it released the dam of infection that was building up. Needless to say no real relief since the last one. I have scheduled another one for January 3. This time they are going to drill larger passage ways to allow the internal sinuses to drain more. Has anyone had where they drill the sinuses, was it a lot more painful than the regular FESS, and did you stay or go home that day. If you went home did you feel you should have stayed overnight? When were you able to return to work?

So my surgery is scheduled for this Friday. I am looking forward to it because I am hoping for some relief of pressure and hopefully less sinus pain. I am just a little nervous about the increase in post op pain. But either way I will get through it. I have the utmost confidence in the surgeon and the anesthesia team so for the most part I can't wait. I will let you know how it goes so if anyone else needs to have this done I can give them an in site to what it is like. And if it is helpful.

Surgery is done, I stayed overnight because that is what my cf doctor recommended for added pain control due to more invasive procedure. Can I tell you that was completely useless the meds they gave me didn't help. When the nurse called the resident to ask the to change it to the same post op med that actually worked they said no. If I didn't feel sooooo weak and wiped out right after the surgery I would have just gone home and would have been better off. Either way, I stayed and am now home. I have a good amount of pain and pressure but expected that. The meds help a little but the stuffiness and not being able to breath through my nose makes it more uncomfortable and hard to eat. I can't wait until they remove the stent and hopefully I can do a sinus rinse and breath again. Thursday won't come soon enough.

Hope things go quickly for you and you recover soon. I've heard really good results from this surgery. I know any sinus surgery puts my kid out for a while and he looks like he feels miserable for a few days. Rest up and just think of that easy breathing coming your way and less sinus infections & congestion!!

So the first couple of days were ok. On Monday I felt "off" like I was going to pass out. Blood sugar and blood pressure were fine so I don't know what it was all about. Now I need to have another ct scan and cardiology consult. Lucky me, nothing like spending recovery time running to doctors and paying copays left and right. This sucks and they probably won't find anything. Then again I hope they don't find anything either. Just want to know why I keep having these "spells".