Morning Blues! Feel Yuckie! Help?

C

cfsucks

getting up in the summer is easy for me... winter not so much... sometimes in the winter i just want to lay in bed all day, but the summer... can't wait to get up. right now i'm on pred so i'm more hyper than normal lol... it helps with waking up.

C

cfsucks

getting up in the summer is easy for me... winter not so much... sometimes in the winter i just want to lay in bed all day, but the summer... can't wait to get up. right now i'm on pred so i'm more hyper than normal lol... it helps with waking up.

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

C

cfsucks

Playswithpixels

I love spring & summer mornings once I actually get up. I am a photographer and the light in the morning is just so amazing and beautiful. Winter is another story :)I usually don't feel too gunky in the morning unless I am doing Colistin. That stuff makes me feel worse afterwards than before I do a treatment. I actually checked my oxygen before a treatment, it was 97%. After the breathing treatment it was 94%, and I felt full then, and I also could only get 360 on my flowmeter. I normally on a good day can blow 400 or higher. I am talking to my Doctor about this tomorrow. It is so frustrating when meds don't work like they should....I also do advair, the disk 250/50 twice a day. Does anyone else do Spiriva? I do and it seems to help a little. I used to be on prednisone, but my CF Doctor (been seeing since 2005) seems to think that even low doses are bad. I was on it for 16 years, never had any side effects. It has been a year since I went off, and I am wondering if that might be part of my crappy condition since fall.

Andrea 32 w/CF FEV1 34%

Playswithpixels

I love spring & summer mornings once I actually get up. I am a photographer and the light in the morning is just so amazing and beautiful. Winter is another story :)I usually don't feel too gunky in the morning unless I am doing Colistin. That stuff makes me feel worse afterwards than before I do a treatment. I actually checked my oxygen before a treatment, it was 97%. After the breathing treatment it was 94%, and I felt full then, and I also could only get 360 on my flowmeter. I normally on a good day can blow 400 or higher. I am talking to my Doctor about this tomorrow. It is so frustrating when meds don't work like they should....I also do advair, the disk 250/50 twice a day. Does anyone else do Spiriva? I do and it seems to help a little. I used to be on prednisone, but my CF Doctor (been seeing since 2005) seems to think that even low doses are bad. I was on it for 16 years, never had any side effects. It has been a year since I went off, and I am wondering if that might be part of my crappy condition since fall.

Andrea 32 w/CF FEV1 34%

Playswithpixels

Andrea 32 w/CF FEV1 34%

Playswithpixels

Andrea 32 w/CF FEV1 34%

Playswithpixels

<br />
<br />Andrea 32 w/CF FEV1 34%

bagged2drag

It makes sense to feel rough in the morning. When we are awake and mobile, our body is moving secretions upward constantly, many time we can remove those secretions. If our nose is running, we blow it, or it ends up down our throat (yeah, I know, not pleasant) and into our GI. When we are sleeping, if we have any sort of congestion, it is likely to make its way into our airways instead, and ultimately, our lungs. Further, we are not mobile, secretions find a nice cozy home in our lungs. The combination leads to increased sputum production in the morning, some tightness, and for some, probably general fatigue.

Other than complying with medications, I don't know if there is a lot we can do to really circumvent the cycle of waking up feeling cruddy. I always wake up and start hacking for about the first half hour or so. I also have a hard time opening my eyes because I am so fatigued. I guess I just get used to it though.

bagged2drag

It makes sense to feel rough in the morning. When we are awake and mobile, our body is moving secretions upward constantly, many time we can remove those secretions. If our nose is running, we blow it, or it ends up down our throat (yeah, I know, not pleasant) and into our GI. When we are sleeping, if we have any sort of congestion, it is likely to make its way into our airways instead, and ultimately, our lungs. Further, we are not mobile, secretions find a nice cozy home in our lungs. The combination leads to increased sputum production in the morning, some tightness, and for some, probably general fatigue.

Other than complying with medications, I don't know if there is a lot we can do to really circumvent the cycle of waking up feeling cruddy. I always wake up and start hacking for about the first half hour or so. I also have a hard time opening my eyes because I am so fatigued. I guess I just get used to it though.

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

bagged2drag

<br />
<br />Other than complying with medications, I don't know if there is a lot we can do to really circumvent the cycle of waking up feeling cruddy. I always wake up and start hacking for about the first half hour or so. I also have a hard time opening my eyes because I am so fatigued. I guess I just get used to it though.