Most thorough test?

B

brewz2

Hey, I wanted to let you know that we're a miltary family also, and we just moved from VA Beach going on three years ago. When we were there, they actually have a CF Center at the Hospital in Porstmouth, VA that we had to go to. I know that they were approved through the CFF, but I'm not sure if he's still there. It's driving me crazy, but I can't think of the doctor's name. If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll try and help you. One other thing I can tell you is that if it is CF, you can get a prescription for the formula, and it's completely paid for through tricare. My daughter, who is six, wasn't diagnosed until two years old b/c of doctors that just did't listen to me. My son was diagnosed right after he was born, and having that formula covered by tricare, saved us a TON of money! We were looking at a couple hundred dollars a month in formula costs alone!

Tracey, mom to Sydney (6) and Seth (2), both w/CF, Double DF508

B

brewz2

Hey, I wanted to let you know that we're a miltary family also, and we just moved from VA Beach going on three years ago. When we were there, they actually have a CF Center at the Hospital in Porstmouth, VA that we had to go to. I know that they were approved through the CFF, but I'm not sure if he's still there. It's driving me crazy, but I can't think of the doctor's name. If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll try and help you. One other thing I can tell you is that if it is CF, you can get a prescription for the formula, and it's completely paid for through tricare. My daughter, who is six, wasn't diagnosed until two years old b/c of doctors that just did't listen to me. My son was diagnosed right after he was born, and having that formula covered by tricare, saved us a TON of money! We were looking at a couple hundred dollars a month in formula costs alone!

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

mlejcbs

I saw that they have that there and it makes me nervous- I know it is just one doctor but her GI is also at the Naval Hospital and he has been such a battle for me that I am a little nervous to see anyone else there. He actually tried to say at her last appt that maybe it is just toddler diarrhea - yeah, since birth. that makes perfect sense!

mlejcbs

I saw that they have that there and it makes me nervous- I know it is just one doctor but her GI is also at the Naval Hospital and he has been such a battle for me that I am a little nervous to see anyone else there. He actually tried to say at her last appt that maybe it is just toddler diarrhea - yeah, since birth. that makes perfect sense!

mlejcbs

mlejcbs

mlejcbs

B

brewz2

I know the battle all too well...Is it your GI doctor that you're having the problem with, or your regular pediatrician? It's ridiculous how you have to convince somebody just to get a test! Like I said before, I had to wait two years before somebody actually listened to me, and that was after telling about five different doctors that I have a first cousin with CF, and I knew my daughter was showing the same symptoms...frustrating. Maybe switch pediatricians and start from square one. Are you tricare prime or standard?

BTW, I had the same response at one point about the diarrhea, and then they told me to stop the apple juice, and then they said to stop all juice - it was crazy! My daughter was having around 8 bowel movements a day.

B

brewz2

I know the battle all too well...Is it your GI doctor that you're having the problem with, or your regular pediatrician? It's ridiculous how you have to convince somebody just to get a test! Like I said before, I had to wait two years before somebody actually listened to me, and that was after telling about five different doctors that I have a first cousin with CF, and I knew my daughter was showing the same symptoms...frustrating. Maybe switch pediatricians and start from square one. Are you tricare prime or standard?

BTW, I had the same response at one point about the diarrhea, and then they told me to stop the apple juice, and then they said to stop all juice - it was crazy! My daughter was having around 8 bowel movements a day.

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

mlejcbs

Her ped is great - he doesn't seem to know much about CF but he will readily admit that. He is civilian. He has given us referrals when I asked and didn't act weird about it. The really funny (sad) thing about the GI saying she may have toddler diarrhea was that he said something about it being from excess juice but he KNOWS that I don't give her juice at all. I rarely give her anything besides the Elecare. Chloe has from 4-8 a day on average. It varies quite a bit though.

mlejcbs

Her ped is great - he doesn't seem to know much about CF but he will readily admit that. He is civilian. He has given us referrals when I asked and didn't act weird about it. The really funny (sad) thing about the GI saying she may have toddler diarrhea was that he said something about it being from excess juice but he KNOWS that I don't give her juice at all. I rarely give her anything besides the Elecare. Chloe has from 4-8 a day on average. It varies quite a bit though.

mlejcbs

mlejcbs

mlejcbs