Moving due to CF

Alyssa

Humidity is hard to take - maybe try a visit first just to see how everyone feels about the humidity. If you are choosing to make the move then you should make sure what you are getting into (as apposed to moving for a job, or something, and pretty much having to relocate like it or not)

I pretty much agree with everyone else - moving could be good, yes it could be the cold, but do consider that she may still have problems or new/different problems in a new location.

My son didn't need any treatments in Seattle but started them after a move to North Dakota.... was it the change in climate? moisture, allergies, mold, humidity or was it just his time for a change in status?? We will never know.

Best of luck! Let us know what you decide

Alyssa

Humidity is hard to take - maybe try a visit first just to see how everyone feels about the humidity. If you are choosing to make the move then you should make sure what you are getting into (as apposed to moving for a job, or something, and pretty much having to relocate like it or not)

I pretty much agree with everyone else - moving could be good, yes it could be the cold, but do consider that she may still have problems or new/different problems in a new location.

My son didn't need any treatments in Seattle but started them after a move to North Dakota.... was it the change in climate? moisture, allergies, mold, humidity or was it just his time for a change in status?? We will never know.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

Sakem

I agree, I've often thought about moving. Midwest humidity has been very rough on us, not to mention the smog that settles over our city. Even though he has never had lung issues, he easily gets dehydrated and has needed IVs on several occaions and has terrible sinus problems. But the best place to move I am not sure of where or how much it would make a difference. I have serious thought about northern cali..

Sakem

I agree, I've often thought about moving. Midwest humidity has been very rough on us, not to mention the smog that settles over our city. Even though he has never had lung issues, he easily gets dehydrated and has needed IVs on several occaions and has terrible sinus problems. But the best place to move I am not sure of where or how much it would make a difference. I have serious thought about northern cali..

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

AUradar

the climate change is still going to be a problem. I live on the FL panhandle and have the same problem. We have huge temperature swings daily. The humity is something you will under-estimate unless you've been down here in July/August. You will also probably see a spike in allergies.

You will have a problem finding a clinic. This is a low social/econmic area and the clinic rankings reflect that.

On the plus side, if you can move to a coastal area and get involved in water sports (salt water) that will help your daughter. Remember, the hypotonic salution (water ever the saline mist is called) was discovered because surfers where doing good with their CF

AUradar

the climate change is still going to be a problem. I live on the FL panhandle and have the same problem. We have huge temperature swings daily. The humity is something you will under-estimate unless you've been down here in July/August. You will also probably see a spike in allergies.

You will have a problem finding a clinic. This is a low social/econmic area and the clinic rankings reflect that.

On the plus side, if you can move to a coastal area and get involved in water sports (salt water) that will help your daughter. Remember, the hypotonic salution (water ever the saline mist is called) was discovered because surfers where doing good with their CF

AUradar

AUradar

AUradar

miesl

I would be concerned about moving to such a humid location. My husband (CF) has problems with humidity, and so do I (asthma). We're in MN - and while the cold isn't the best thing ever, I'd take it anyday over high humidity.

miesl

I would be concerned about moving to such a humid location. My husband (CF) has problems with humidity, and so do I (asthma). We're in MN - and while the cold isn't the best thing ever, I'd take it anyday over high humidity.

miesl

miesl

miesl