Moving to Minnesota

miesl

What part of the state are you moving to? Are you planning on going to the U of MN (Fairview) clinic in Minneapolis?

Get a good, warm jacket and a bunch of sweaters and sweatshirts. The heating bills will be horrible to keep a house at 75ish - we usually stay around 65-66.

It will take some time to get used to the cold - even the "locals" whine about the first really cold day (although, the locals definition of cold is going to be different than yours!). I like it here (I'm in St. Paul), and I couldn't imagine the hot Texas summer - ugh.

miesl

What part of the state are you moving to? Are you planning on going to the U of MN (Fairview) clinic in Minneapolis?

Get a good, warm jacket and a bunch of sweaters and sweatshirts. The heating bills will be horrible to keep a house at 75ish - we usually stay around 65-66.

It will take some time to get used to the cold - even the "locals" whine about the first really cold day (although, the locals definition of cold is going to be different than yours!). I like it here (I'm in St. Paul), and I couldn't imagine the hot Texas summer - ugh.

miesl

miesl

miesl

Alyssa

If you plan on treating at the clinic with Dr. Warwick in Minn/St. Paul you are in for a treat - his clinic numbers are the best in the nation !

I agree with the other posts - get a good hepa filter - and decide about taking up the carpet when you get there - can you take a little time to sort out what might be the best house to live in? Hopefully you can find a good one -- be sure to make sure they have never been flooded - or have a damp basement because you will have trouble with mold, whether you can see it or not.

We recently moved from Seattle to North Dakota -- so I know a little bit about how you feel -- except your "small town of 10,000" is nothing compared to how small of a town I moved to --only 850 people here ! hahahaha

We ordered two new HEPA filter units recently and put one on the main floor and one in the basement - we got the AustinAir units from www.alerg.com they were about $400 each but well worth it.

Alyssa

If you plan on treating at the clinic with Dr. Warwick in Minn/St. Paul you are in for a treat - his clinic numbers are the best in the nation !

I agree with the other posts - get a good hepa filter - and decide about taking up the carpet when you get there - can you take a little time to sort out what might be the best house to live in? Hopefully you can find a good one -- be sure to make sure they have never been flooded - or have a damp basement because you will have trouble with mold, whether you can see it or not.

We recently moved from Seattle to North Dakota -- so I know a little bit about how you feel -- except your "small town of 10,000" is nothing compared to how small of a town I moved to --only 850 people here ! hahahaha

We ordered two new HEPA filter units recently and put one on the main floor and one in the basement - we got the AustinAir units from www.alerg.com they were about $400 each but well worth it.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

tuttimama

Thank you for all the input..lots of great info.

We will be living about 2 hours outside of Minneapolis.

According to cff.org, there are 2 cf clinics in Minneapolis. One is U of MN and the other just says Childrens. U of MN seems to have better numbers, so my plan is to go there. Is that where Dr. Warwick is?

tuttimama

According to cff.org, there are 2 cf clinics in Minneapolis. One is U of MN and the other just says Childrens. U of MN seems to have better numbers, so my plan is to go there. Is that where Dr. Warwick is?

tuttimama

tuttimama

tuttimama

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Both Clinics are in Minneapolis. I know a couple of people who went to Childrens but have since switched to U of MN, which is where Dr. Warwick is located. I believe the first weekend in November is their Family Education weekend....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Both Clinics are in Minneapolis. I know a couple of people who went to Childrens but have since switched to U of MN, which is where Dr. Warwick is located. I believe the first weekend in November is their Family Education weekend....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member