Moving to Oregon...need doctor recommendations.

sheanna

Is there anybody in the Portland area that uses the adult CF clinic there? I'm moving to Corvallis shortly and would like to get a couple doctor recommendations if I could.

sheanna

Is there anybody in the Portland area that uses the adult CF clinic there? I'm moving to Corvallis shortly and would like to get a couple doctor recommendations if I could.

sheanna

sheanna

sheanna

Shaunessy

Hi there. My husband, Jake, goes to the CF clinic at OHSU. We moved to Portland from Salt Lake City a year ago. The OHSU CF center is run differently from what we were used to in Salt Lake. When we asked, they said that they don't have enough CF patients to have a team of providers that only do CF. Both at clinic visits and during hospitalizations, the doctors are just whoever is on pulmonary/critical care service at the time.
Although Dr. Allada is usually listed as his attending (sometimes prescribing) doctor, Jake has never met him. He has also had a clinic visit where he only saw the NP (who is new and doesn't know much about CF). We've met Dr. Gold a few times and he's very nice. I really liked one of the fellows, Dr. Mary Kay Lymann (i think that's her name).
So overall, we've found it hard to establish a relationship with any of the doctors. The Seattle clinic has an actual CF team and that's also where the lung transplants are performed. We're going to schedule a clinic visit up there to meet them.
I hope your clinic visit goes well! Let me know what you think. =)

Shaunessy

Hi there. My husband, Jake, goes to the CF clinic at OHSU. We moved to Portland from Salt Lake City a year ago. The OHSU CF center is run differently from what we were used to in Salt Lake. When we asked, they said that they don't have enough CF patients to have a team of providers that only do CF. Both at clinic visits and during hospitalizations, the doctors are just whoever is on pulmonary/critical care service at the time.
Although Dr. Allada is usually listed as his attending (sometimes prescribing) doctor, Jake has never met him. He has also had a clinic visit where he only saw the NP (who is new and doesn't know much about CF). We've met Dr. Gold a few times and he's very nice. I really liked one of the fellows, Dr. Mary Kay Lymann (i think that's her name).
So overall, we've found it hard to establish a relationship with any of the doctors. The Seattle clinic has an actual CF team and that's also where the lung transplants are performed. We're going to schedule a clinic visit up there to meet them.

Shaunessy

Shaunessy

Shaunessy

<br />Although Dr. Allada is usually listed as his attending (sometimes prescribing) doctor, Jake has never met him. He has also had a clinic visit where he only saw the NP (who is new and doesn't know much about CF). We've met Dr. Gold a few times and he's very nice. I really liked one of the fellows, Dr. Mary Kay Lymann (i think that's her name).
<br />So overall, we've found it hard to establish a relationship with any of the doctors. The Seattle clinic has an actual CF team and that's also where the lung transplants are performed. We're going to schedule a clinic visit up there to meet them.
<br />I hope your clinic visit goes well! Let me know what you think. =)