MRSA and precautions?

M

mneville

Since Aidan cultured MRSA, the CF nurse said he no longer can come on CF days. He has to come on MRSA days? Also the operating room will only take him at certain times? Is he allowed to be near noone when he is at the hospital or doctor's offices? Do doctors need to gown, glove and mask when treating him now? How many clear cultures does he need before being rid of MRSA and not labeled anymore? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Megan

M

mneville

Since Aidan cultured MRSA, the CF nurse said he no longer can come on CF days. He has to come on MRSA days? Also the operating room will only take him at certain times? Is he allowed to be near noone when he is at the hospital or doctor's offices? Do doctors need to gown, glove and mask when treating him now? How many clear cultures does he need before being rid of MRSA and not labeled anymore? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan

zoe4life

Megan,

Every hospital and clinic does things differently. Ours puts a sign up on the outside of her door, stating, contact precautions. They are all supposed to gown and glove up before touching her. She isn't allowed in the playroom, which I would NEVER take her into anyways, she could catch something detrimental to HER health.
Our clinic does white, red and blue days for cf clinic visits. White is the kids that culture nothing icky, red is the day for the kiddos that culture things like MRSA, etc...., blue is strictly for B. Cepacia kiddos.

The kind of MRSA that your child has is not like the 'skin' kind that is easily transmsitted to other people. So, as to whether you have to tell the school, I'm not sure, I home school so I don't deal with those issues. Hopefully someone else can help you with that ???......

Hang in there, I know it is hard news to take, every new bacteria culture that Zoe has is like that for me.

Hugs...

zoe4life

Megan,

Every hospital and clinic does things differently. Ours puts a sign up on the outside of her door, stating, contact precautions. They are all supposed to gown and glove up before touching her. She isn't allowed in the playroom, which I would NEVER take her into anyways, she could catch something detrimental to HER health.
Our clinic does white, red and blue days for cf clinic visits. White is the kids that culture nothing icky, red is the day for the kiddos that culture things like MRSA, etc...., blue is strictly for B. Cepacia kiddos.

The kind of MRSA that your child has is not like the 'skin' kind that is easily transmsitted to other people. So, as to whether you have to tell the school, I'm not sure, I home school so I don't deal with those issues. Hopefully someone else can help you with that ???......

Hang in there, I know it is hard news to take, every new bacteria culture that Zoe has is like that for me.

Hugs...

zoe4life

Megan,

Hugs...

zoe4life

Megan,

Hugs...

zoe4life

<br />Megan,
<br />
<br />Every hospital and clinic does things differently. Ours puts a sign up on the outside of her door, stating, contact precautions. They are all supposed to gown and glove up before touching her. She isn't allowed in the playroom, which I would NEVER take her into anyways, she could catch something detrimental to HER health.
<br />Our clinic does white, red and blue days for cf clinic visits. White is the kids that culture nothing icky, red is the day for the kiddos that culture things like MRSA, etc...., blue is strictly for B. Cepacia kiddos.
<br />
<br />The kind of MRSA that your child has is not like the 'skin' kind that is easily transmsitted to other people. So, as to whether you have to tell the school, I'm not sure, I home school so I don't deal with those issues. Hopefully someone else can help you with that ???......
<br />
<br />Hang in there, I know it is hard news to take, every new bacteria culture that Zoe has is like that for me.
<br />
<br />Hugs...
<br />

Landy

Jada is right, each hospital handles it differently. When I'm in they only glove up.

When I first cultured MRSA, I asked how I could spread it and my doctor said that others could get it from me if I coughed on them, or coughed into my hand & held their hand, etc. BUT, the other party would have to be immune compromised (ie on chemo, have CF, frail health, etc) to even get it in this manner.

It is hard to receive that diagnosis, no doubt. Hang in there.

Landy

Jada is right, each hospital handles it differently. When I'm in they only glove up.

When I first cultured MRSA, I asked how I could spread it and my doctor said that others could get it from me if I coughed on them, or coughed into my hand & held their hand, etc. BUT, the other party would have to be immune compromised (ie on chemo, have CF, frail health, etc) to even get it in this manner.

Landy

Landy

Landy

<br />
<br />When I first cultured MRSA, I asked how I could spread it and my doctor said that others could get it from me if I coughed on them, or coughed into my hand & held their hand, etc. BUT, the other party would have to be immune compromised (ie on chemo, have CF, frail health, etc) to even get it in this manner.
<br />
<br />It is hard to receive that diagnosis, no doubt. Hang in there.
<br />

stressed

my child has MRSA and when we are in cf clinic the doctors always gown,glove and mask and when in the hospital we are on contact precautions the same as zoe4life. I would not tell the school, we had a lot of problems when they found out.

stressed

my child has MRSA and when we are in cf clinic the doctors always gown,glove and mask and when in the hospital we are on contact precautions the same as zoe4life. I would not tell the school, we had a lot of problems when they found out.

stressed

stressed

stressed