MRSA and precautions?

ginandbrea

I ditto Stressed...Our Docs do the same thing and I wouldn't tell the school either, some people get really freaked out because they are educated about MRSA from the headline news only when there is some drastic situation. Brea has it and I began giving her Allicin to eradicate it since the Docs will not and she is sooooooooooooo much better. I am actually looking forward to her next clinic to see if the MRSA is still there.

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

I ditto Stressed...Our Docs do the same thing and I wouldn't tell the school either, some people get really freaked out because they are educated about MRSA from the headline news only when there is some drastic situation. Brea has it and I began giving her Allicin to eradicate it since the Docs will not and she is sooooooooooooo much better. I am actually looking forward to her next clinic to see if the MRSA is still there.

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

Take care,
Gina

ginandbrea

<br />
<br />Take care,
<br />Gina

T

Terry

When Marissa first cultured MRSA the clinic acted like it wasn't a big deal. No treatment for it, and no real explanation of why there was no treatment. I researched it online, scared the petunias out of myself, and then again got a very calm CF nurse telling me not to worry.

(Other CFers have said that they think MRSA is left alone while it is doing no other harm because it is keeping away other bugs).

Three months later Riss was admitted to Hopkins for an ear infection that was threatening to infect the bone between her ear and her brain. A doctor came in and removed the nurses and aides, and then they all came back in with gowns, gloves, and masks, a sign was posted on the door, and we were told Riss wasn't to leave the room, and we had to wear gowns.

Of course that freaked us out because we weren't used to that kind of treatment. We asked why, and they said it had to do with her being positive for MRSA. Ever since we have tried to understand why the hysteria in the hospital when we are told to stay calm at home. Why they don't want to get rid of this thing that they seem to fear.

She went in the hospital one other time since then, and the treatment was the same. Looks like something out of a plague movie. I guess every time it happens I will feel the same emptiness in the pit of my stomach, a reaffirmed realization that there is something not good there.

Anyway, we are told to "wash our hands" frequently at home, and she is to cough into tissues and throw them away and wash her hands.

The school, thankfully, hasn't given us any trouble. Although we did get a new nurse, so I guess I will have to hold my breath while she settles in.

Terry

T

Terry

When Marissa first cultured MRSA the clinic acted like it wasn't a big deal. No treatment for it, and no real explanation of why there was no treatment. I researched it online, scared the petunias out of myself, and then again got a very calm CF nurse telling me not to worry.

(Other CFers have said that they think MRSA is left alone while it is doing no other harm because it is keeping away other bugs).

Three months later Riss was admitted to Hopkins for an ear infection that was threatening to infect the bone between her ear and her brain. A doctor came in and removed the nurses and aides, and then they all came back in with gowns, gloves, and masks, a sign was posted on the door, and we were told Riss wasn't to leave the room, and we had to wear gowns.

Of course that freaked us out because we weren't used to that kind of treatment. We asked why, and they said it had to do with her being positive for MRSA. Ever since we have tried to understand why the hysteria in the hospital when we are told to stay calm at home. Why they don't want to get rid of this thing that they seem to fear.

She went in the hospital one other time since then, and the treatment was the same. Looks like something out of a plague movie. I guess every time it happens I will feel the same emptiness in the pit of my stomach, a reaffirmed realization that there is something not good there.

Anyway, we are told to "wash our hands" frequently at home, and she is to cough into tissues and throw them away and wash her hands.

The school, thankfully, hasn't given us any trouble. Although we did get a new nurse, so I guess I will have to hold my breath while she settles in.

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

Terry

T

Terry

<br />
<br />(Other CFers have said that they think MRSA is left alone while it is doing no other harm because it is keeping away other bugs).
<br />
<br />Three months later Riss was admitted to Hopkins for an ear infection that was threatening to infect the bone between her ear and her brain. A doctor came in and removed the nurses and aides, and then they all came back in with gowns, gloves, and masks, a sign was posted on the door, and we were told Riss wasn't to leave the room, and we had to wear gowns.
<br />
<br />Of course that freaked us out because we weren't used to that kind of treatment. We asked why, and they said it had to do with her being positive for MRSA. Ever since we have tried to understand why the hysteria in the hospital when we are told to stay calm at home. Why they don't want to get rid of this thing that they seem to fear.
<br />
<br />She went in the hospital one other time since then, and the treatment was the same. Looks like something out of a plague movie. I guess every time it happens I will feel the same emptiness in the pit of my stomach, a reaffirmed realization that there is something not good there.
<br />
<br />Anyway, we are told to "wash our hands" frequently at home, and she is to cough into tissues and throw them away and wash her hands.
<br />
<br />The school, thankfully, hasn't given us any trouble. Although we did get a new nurse, so I guess I will have to hold my breath while she settles in.
<br />
<br />Terry