MRSA

anonymous

Julie,

Thank you for finally realizing that both sides of the story need to be told. Because prior statements which you made can really scare some people & they are untrue. MRSA can be totally eradicated in some people (including CF patients). 100% of people with MRSA will not be colonized for life as you have previously stated.

MRSA can be very scary to people who do not have any knowledge of the infection. And believe it or not - there have been studies conducted that show MRSA can actually be a good thing (depending on how you look at it) in some CF individuals who have Pseudomonas (see some of the CF transplant websites) because MRSA can actually help to keep Pseudomonas at bay. And like I said; depending on how you look at it - MRSA is not as detrimental to the health of an individual with CF as Pseudomonas.

anonymous

as far as that particular medication, I am not sure of it's side effects and if that is causing some sort of fatigue or not. It is common in CFers that fatigue is caused often by lack of oxygen to the brain (mainly at night) and/or frequently waking yourself up (even if you don't wake up completely) when you cough at night. Mark had a sleep study done and although he did not have sleep apnea, they found he completely woke up lie 9 times that night, and came out of a deep sleep cycle (but did not completely arouse) about 25 times-mainly due to his coughing. That much waking up is not restful and beneficial sleep. One other culpuret, which you mentioned you had is diabetes. Do you use insulin to control it it or just diet? I know that when Mark's sugars get too high or too low (the fluctuate all over the chart from 39-250) he gets tired, groggy, fatigued, can't concentrate... It might be one of those things or a combination of those things. If the doctor isn't offering any information on the med, I would march onto my pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist.

Let me know what you find out, I am curious.

Julie