Mucinex

MicheleGazelle

Gauifenisen (the drug in mucinex) helps move mucus and "down there" is also lined with mucus. I would think it is probably just moving out old gunk that the body hasn't done a good job with, or something like that -- making things move there as well as in your sinuses and lungs. A woman who is a CF carrier told me she took gauifenisen for her sinuses when she had her period and her problems with her period suddenly got a whole lot better. So while I can't say taking gauifenisen ever did anything like that to me, this isn't the first time I have heard someone mention a connection between female stuff and this drug. Oh, I have also heard from more than one person that it sometimes helps with female infertility, especially in women with CF, because of it's impact on the mucus in that area.

MicheleGazelle

Gauifenisen (the drug in mucinex) helps move mucus and "down there" is also lined with mucus. I would think it is probably just moving out old gunk that the body hasn't done a good job with, or something like that -- making things move there as well as in your sinuses and lungs. A woman who is a CF carrier told me she took gauifenisen for her sinuses when she had her period and her problems with her period suddenly got a whole lot better. So while I can't say taking gauifenisen ever did anything like that to me, this isn't the first time I have heard someone mention a connection between female stuff and this drug. Oh, I have also heard from more than one person that it sometimes helps with female infertility, especially in women with CF, because of it's impact on the mucus in that area.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

Alyssa

I agree with Michele that it could be the mucinex - doctors have recommended taking it to help clear mucus from the cervix for women with CF who wish to increase their chances of conceiving.

Of course it could be a yeast infection or a couple of other things too, but if it started at the same time as starting the mucinex and you don't have any other symptoms, my best guess would be you are clearing out the mucus there too.

Alyssa

I agree with Michele that it could be the mucinex - doctors have recommended taking it to help clear mucus from the cervix for women with CF who wish to increase their chances of conceiving.

Of course it could be a yeast infection or a couple of other things too, but if it started at the same time as starting the mucinex and you don't have any other symptoms, my best guess would be you are clearing out the mucus there too.

Alyssa

Alyssa

Alyssa

<br />
<br />Of course it could be a yeast infection or a couple of other things too, but if it started at the same time as starting the mucinex and you don't have any other symptoms, my best guess would be you are clearing out the mucus there too.

Kristen

That sounds like fertile cervical mucus to me. Is it stretchy? Fertile cervical mucus is very stretchy. If you just started taking mucinex, a lot could be coming out now that it's loose enough to do so. I am currently trying to get pregnant and take mucinex to thin things out down there.

Kristen

That sounds like fertile cervical mucus to me. Is it stretchy? Fertile cervical mucus is very stretchy. If you just started taking mucinex, a lot could be coming out now that it's loose enough to do so. I am currently trying to get pregnant and take mucinex to thin things out down there.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

Jennyvb17

yeah I would agree with it being mucus as well. I have it occasionally between periods and my gyno has said I am "goopy" (lol) I told her goop is the story of my life!

Jennyvb17

yeah I would agree with it being mucus as well. I have it occasionally between periods and my gyno has said I am "goopy" (lol) I told her goop is the story of my life!

Jennyvb17

Jennyvb17

Jennyvb17