Mucoid vs. Non Mucoid

mom4holly

Can someone please explain the difference to me? Is this similiar to her MRSA which doesn't actually go away but can be "dormant"? How will this affect her lungs in the long run vs. when it was non mucoid?

sorry for all the questions but I just need some help understanding.

mom4holly

Can someone please explain the difference to me? Is this similiar to her MRSA which doesn't actually go away but can be "dormant"? How will this affect her lungs in the long run vs. when it was non mucoid?

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

folione

They are the same bug but the mucoid form has a sort of covering that makes it harder for antibiotics to get at it...it's referred to as a "biofilm". Seeing as how every case is different and I'm not a doctor, I'm not going to presume to tell you how it could affect your child..you'll probably hear plenty of opinions, but the one that counts most is what your child's doctor thinks based on direct knowledge of your child's case.

folione

They are the same bug but the mucoid form has a sort of covering that makes it harder for antibiotics to get at it...it's referred to as a "biofilm". Seeing as how every case is different and I'm not a doctor, I'm not going to presume to tell you how it could affect your child..you'll probably hear plenty of opinions, but the one that counts most is what your child's doctor thinks based on direct knowledge of your child's case.

folione

folione

folione

Landy

I was thinking one of the CF Tube videos explained the mucoid/non mucoid differences...someone else may be able to tell you exactly which one.
I've had pseudo since it was first diagnosed, but back then, they weren't as proactive as they are now to eradicate it when it first shows up. PA is such a hard one not to culture, as it is everyplace it seems...
Sorry I wasn't more help.

Landy

I was thinking one of the CF Tube videos explained the mucoid/non mucoid differences...someone else may be able to tell you exactly which one.
I've had pseudo since it was first diagnosed, but back then, they weren't as proactive as they are now to eradicate it when it first shows up. PA is such a hard one not to culture, as it is everyplace it seems...

Landy

Landy

Landy

JORDYSMOM

Emily65Roses had a thread going on here with pictures of both types. It was just a week or so ago, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Emily65Roses had a thread going on here with pictures of both types. It was just a week or so ago, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey