Mucomyst/Pulmozyne

M

mneville

My son Aidan started Pulmozyne once daily before the age of two as a preventative medicine. No noticeable effects either way.

Then we saw Warwick who recommended Mucomyst. Aidan refused it for some time because of the nasty smell. But now he does it twice a day. Since they both are supposed to thin mucus, I think I want to stop Pulmozyne? Any advice? Aidan has had no lung problems up to this point, he uses the Respirtech one hour daily. Also- for those who neb Mucomyst, how do you get rid of the nasty smell on your breath? Sometimes brushing his teeth doesn't do it! Thanks.

Megan

M

mneville

My son Aidan started Pulmozyne once daily before the age of two as a preventative medicine. No noticeable effects either way.

Then we saw Warwick who recommended Mucomyst. Aidan refused it for some time because of the nasty smell. But now he does it twice a day. Since they both are supposed to thin mucus, I think I want to stop Pulmozyne? Any advice? Aidan has had no lung problems up to this point, he uses the Respirtech one hour daily. Also- for those who neb Mucomyst, how do you get rid of the nasty smell on your breath? Sometimes brushing his teeth doesn't do it! Thanks.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Then we saw Warwick who recommended Mucomyst. Aidan refused it for some time because of the nasty smell. But now he does it twice a day. Since they both are supposed to thin mucus, I think I want to stop Pulmozyne? Any advice? Aidan has had no lung problems up to this point, he uses the Respirtech one hour daily. Also- for those who neb Mucomyst, how do you get rid of the nasty smell on your breath? Sometimes brushing his teeth doesn't do it! Thanks.
<br />
<br />Megan

scanboyd

I use the Mucomyst, hypertonic saline 3% and xopenex, Tobi every other month tried the Pulmozyne I could not really tell any difference with the Pulmozyne. So I stoped using it.

Ken Boyd

scanboyd

I use the Mucomyst, hypertonic saline 3% and xopenex, Tobi every other month tried the Pulmozyne I could not really tell any difference with the Pulmozyne. So I stoped using it.

Ken Boyd

scanboyd

Ken Boyd

scanboyd

Ken Boyd

scanboyd

<br />
<br />Ken Boyd

NoExcuses

Warwick told me the same thing when i visited him.

I take fizzy NAC instead of nebulizing it (Mucomyst is NAC, but just in neb form).

I take pulmozyme twice a day still.

NoExcuses

I take fizzy NAC instead of nebulizing it (Mucomyst is NAC, but just in neb form).

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

NoExcuses

<br />
<br />I take fizzy NAC instead of nebulizing it (Mucomyst is NAC, but just in neb form).
<br />
<br />I take pulmozyme twice a day still.