My daughter is only 9 months old

nevaehsmommy09

Im having a very hard time right now! My daughter is 9 months old and she is being diagnosed with cf and and im a 21 year old single momma!! Im very very shocked and i need some support.. can someone help me?

nevaehsmommy09

Im having a very hard time right now! My daughter is 9 months old and she is being diagnosed with cf and and im a 21 year old single momma!! Im very very shocked and i need some support.. can someone help me?

nevaehsmommy09

nevaehsmommy09

nevaehsmommy09

rosesixtyfive

Hi, Nevaeh's mommy,
How are things going for you? I'm not exactly an old pro at this CF thing. My son is only four months old. He was diagnosed at birth. All I can tell you is that cystic fibrosis is not the disease it used to be. They are coming out with more and more new medicines everyday, and they are medicines designed specifically for this very disease. Most children with CF are out there living normal lives. The important thing is to find a good doctor, one that you really trust, at a certified CF clinic, and do everything they tell you to do, and then some. The treatments become part of your routine, and you get used to them. It is my goal for my son to someday be 45, and be able to say that he never missed a treatment. Eventually, CF will only be part of your life, but not all of it. One day soon, you will be enthusiastic about life for your child. When you find the right CF care, you will be so proud as you watch her thrive in spite of her diagnosis. I would also suggest posting any questions in the families or newly diagnosed section because I think more veteran moms read there, and will be more likely to respond to you with an incredible amount of support. Are your mom and dad in the picture? Family can provide so much help. Feel free to private message me.
rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, ddF508

rosesixtyfive

Hi, Nevaeh's mommy,
How are things going for you? I'm not exactly an old pro at this CF thing. My son is only four months old. He was diagnosed at birth. All I can tell you is that cystic fibrosis is not the disease it used to be. They are coming out with more and more new medicines everyday, and they are medicines designed specifically for this very disease. Most children with CF are out there living normal lives. The important thing is to find a good doctor, one that you really trust, at a certified CF clinic, and do everything they tell you to do, and then some. The treatments become part of your routine, and you get used to them. It is my goal for my son to someday be 45, and be able to say that he never missed a treatment. Eventually, CF will only be part of your life, but not all of it. One day soon, you will be enthusiastic about life for your child. When you find the right CF care, you will be so proud as you watch her thrive in spite of her diagnosis. I would also suggest posting any questions in the families or newly diagnosed section because I think more veteran moms read there, and will be more likely to respond to you with an incredible amount of support. Are your mom and dad in the picture? Family can provide so much help. Feel free to private message me.

rosesixtyfive

Hi, Nevaeh's mommy,

rosesixtyfive

Hi, Nevaeh's mommy,

rosesixtyfive

Hi, Nevaeh's mommy,
<br />How are things going for you? I'm not exactly an old pro at this CF thing. My son is only four months old. He was diagnosed at birth. All I can tell you is that cystic fibrosis is not the disease it used to be. They are coming out with more and more new medicines everyday, and they are medicines designed specifically for this very disease. Most children with CF are out there living normal lives. The important thing is to find a good doctor, one that you really trust, at a certified CF clinic, and do everything they tell you to do, and then some. The treatments become part of your routine, and you get used to them. It is my goal for my son to someday be 45, and be able to say that he never missed a treatment. Eventually, CF will only be part of your life, but not all of it. One day soon, you will be enthusiastic about life for your child. When you find the right CF care, you will be so proud as you watch her thrive in spite of her diagnosis. I would also suggest posting any questions in the families or newly diagnosed section because I think more veteran moms read there, and will be more likely to respond to you with an incredible amount of support. Are your mom and dad in the picture? Family can provide so much help. Feel free to private message me.
<br />rosesixtyfive, mother of Sam, ddF508

petnurse

I agree. My son, Philip, is 6 months old. Feel free to message me too (click the icon with the person with the red shirt). I love meeting new moms with babies around my son's age. I would love to help you with what to expect and help in any way I can!
Catherine

petnurse

I agree. My son, Philip, is 6 months old. Feel free to message me too (click the icon with the person with the red shirt). I love meeting new moms with babies around my son's age. I would love to help you with what to expect and help in any way I can!
Catherine

petnurse

Catherine

petnurse

Catherine

petnurse

<br />Catherine

mbrandazzo

Hi,

Oh my gosh, my heart goes out to you! I know it is a shock when you first receive the diagnosis, and I cannot imagine going through it alone! PLease know that this is a great place to find support and ask questions of any kind! Like rosessixtyfive said, CF is not the way it used to be... When my son first was diagnosed, I felt like you, at a loss... Since then we have found a CF Center we LOVE, learned about all the new treatments and do them faithfully, and also have, most importantly, seen Logan blossom into this happy, mostly healthy little boy. I think it is harder when they are tiny infants because they seem so fragile and helpless... Once they get bigger, you will see that your daughter will be able to do all the things that other kids can do! She will make you smile every day, and you will feel SO proud of her and what she will accomplish despite her CF. Yes, there will also be some rough times, but those will hopefully be outnumbered by the good ones. Enjoy every minute, and believe in your heart that your daughter will live a full, happy life. I believe hope is what keeps us going. If you need anything, even someone to talk to, I am here and you can send me a PM. Take care.

mbrandazzo

Hi,

Oh my gosh, my heart goes out to you! I know it is a shock when you first receive the diagnosis, and I cannot imagine going through it alone! PLease know that this is a great place to find support and ask questions of any kind! Like rosessixtyfive said, CF is not the way it used to be... When my son first was diagnosed, I felt like you, at a loss... Since then we have found a CF Center we LOVE, learned about all the new treatments and do them faithfully, and also have, most importantly, seen Logan blossom into this happy, mostly healthy little boy. I think it is harder when they are tiny infants because they seem so fragile and helpless... Once they get bigger, you will see that your daughter will be able to do all the things that other kids can do! She will make you smile every day, and you will feel SO proud of her and what she will accomplish despite her CF. Yes, there will also be some rough times, but those will hopefully be outnumbered by the good ones. Enjoy every minute, and believe in your heart that your daughter will live a full, happy life. I believe hope is what keeps us going. If you need anything, even someone to talk to, I am here and you can send me a PM. Take care.

mbrandazzo

Hi,

mbrandazzo

Hi,

mbrandazzo

Hi,
<br />
<br />Oh my gosh, my heart goes out to you! I know it is a shock when you first receive the diagnosis, and I cannot imagine going through it alone! PLease know that this is a great place to find support and ask questions of any kind! Like rosessixtyfive said, CF is not the way it used to be... When my son first was diagnosed, I felt like you, at a loss... Since then we have found a CF Center we LOVE, learned about all the new treatments and do them faithfully, and also have, most importantly, seen Logan blossom into this happy, mostly healthy little boy. I think it is harder when they are tiny infants because they seem so fragile and helpless... Once they get bigger, you will see that your daughter will be able to do all the things that other kids can do! She will make you smile every day, and you will feel SO proud of her and what she will accomplish despite her CF. Yes, there will also be some rough times, but those will hopefully be outnumbered by the good ones. Enjoy every minute, and believe in your heart that your daughter will live a full, happy life. I believe hope is what keeps us going. If you need anything, even someone to talk to, I am here and you can send me a PM. Take care.