My enemy..Avelox

JohnnaMarie

So, I have PA in my cultures like most everyone here does. I am allergic...very allergic to Levaquin and Cipro. I have just recently been on a dose of Augmentin for 10 days. (2000 mg per day) That was for a sore I had that would not heal. Now, I have had this cold since Saturday and it was not going away and I was coughing more and more and my chest was hurting so I called my friendly CF clinic to get some medication for it. They look at my chart and say can't do Levaquin or Cipro.......Lets try Avelox. Ok ...I say with a little feeling of hmmm this drug I don't know. The lady nurse/doc says...well your brother can take this drug and he is allergic to Levaquin and Cipro too. So, I take this med at 9:20 tonight. About 45 minutes later...tossing and turning not asleep yet...hoping to sleep because the med bottle says can cause dizziness. I think to myself, if I am asleep I won't feel dizzy...right?? I never get to sleep. It is now 12:53 am and I am here typing on the computer. I got pretty much every side effect on the warning sheet that was not life threatening. What a terrrible drug for me. So, I have insomnia from a med that was supposed to get my sinus infection. I can't sleep because when I try to relax I get a panic attack and I also feel like I have restless leg syndrome in my arms and legs!! I get RLS every once in a great while, you know the commercial with the "uncontrollable urge to move." I think it is just rediculous all the crazy stuff that we have to put up with sometimes!! I must be a little crazy because any time I take any drug that says that it may have mental side effects, I always get them. I usually don't know that the med is known to cause them. Like the time that my one doc prescribed Reglan to me for my sluggish guts. It caused me to get super depressed. This Avelox would drive me nuts if I ever took it again. Just one pill and I was in a panic attack loop. I have not been diagnosed with panic attacks, but I know that is what it is. I get them very rarely and can usually talk or think my way out of them. If anyone else on here gets them you will understand what I am saying. But, when meds cause them, it seems that you have to work extra hard to get over the attack. Sorry I am rambling...but I was wondering who gets these kinds of side effects from Avelox and who gets panic attacks and what they do for them. Should I see a doc about those?

JohnnaMarie

So, I have PA in my cultures like most everyone here does. I am allergic...very allergic to Levaquin and Cipro. I have just recently been on a dose of Augmentin for 10 days. (2000 mg per day) That was for a sore I had that would not heal. Now, I have had this cold since Saturday and it was not going away and I was coughing more and more and my chest was hurting so I called my friendly CF clinic to get some medication for it. They look at my chart and say can't do Levaquin or Cipro.......Lets try Avelox. Ok ...I say with a little feeling of hmmm this drug I don't know. The lady nurse/doc says...well your brother can take this drug and he is allergic to Levaquin and Cipro too. So, I take this med at 9:20 tonight. About 45 minutes later...tossing and turning not asleep yet...hoping to sleep because the med bottle says can cause dizziness. I think to myself, if I am asleep I won't feel dizzy...right?? I never get to sleep. It is now 12:53 am and I am here typing on the computer. I got pretty much every side effect on the warning sheet that was not life threatening. What a terrrible drug for me. So, I have insomnia from a med that was supposed to get my sinus infection. I can't sleep because when I try to relax I get a panic attack and I also feel like I have restless leg syndrome in my arms and legs!! I get RLS every once in a great while, you know the commercial with the "uncontrollable urge to move." I think it is just rediculous all the crazy stuff that we have to put up with sometimes!! I must be a little crazy because any time I take any drug that says that it may have mental side effects, I always get them. I usually don't know that the med is known to cause them. Like the time that my one doc prescribed Reglan to me for my sluggish guts. It caused me to get super depressed. This Avelox would drive me nuts if I ever took it again. Just one pill and I was in a panic attack loop. I have not been diagnosed with panic attacks, but I know that is what it is. I get them very rarely and can usually talk or think my way out of them. If anyone else on here gets them you will understand what I am saying. But, when meds cause them, it seems that you have to work extra hard to get over the attack. Sorry I am rambling...but I was wondering who gets these kinds of side effects from Avelox and who gets panic attacks and what they do for them. Should I see a doc about those?

JohnnaMarie

JohnnaMarie

JohnnaMarie

mb101

Hey, that happens to me when I take Lev. too. I'm not supposed to have it anymore, they put it on my allergy list. Last time I needed oral antibiotics my doctor wanted to give me Cipro. I never did take that pill, now every single time I have to take a new medicine, I read those papers and get scared because of the side effects. I think thinking about it makes it even worse though. All I know is, after the first time I took that Levaquin and I felt like I was going nuts, I've had a fear of taking new medicines ever since.

mb101

Hey, that happens to me when I take Lev. too. I'm not supposed to have it anymore, they put it on my allergy list. Last time I needed oral antibiotics my doctor wanted to give me Cipro. I never did take that pill, now every single time I have to take a new medicine, I read those papers and get scared because of the side effects. I think thinking about it makes it even worse though. All I know is, after the first time I took that Levaquin and I felt like I was going nuts, I've had a fear of taking new medicines ever since.

mb101

mb101

mb101

God bless you! Man, I was on Avelox this week and I tell you I am a mess!!!! We have got to talk about this.. I had the same issues with it that you did. I though I was going to kill my self I was so menal on Avelox. I also have awful RLS and had to move all night! In the morning I vomit at the same time everyday. And talk about pooping I poop all day I poop out everything! and still am and I have been off it for 3 days!!!

I also wanted to be moving and be up all night. I just could not sleep! I do somtimes get that way on Levquin and Cipro.

So yes I am still ill and so I asked my doctor for a Rx for a anti-panic-attick med called Atavan. I have been taking it at night to get me to sleep. and somtimes doing the day I am taking sleep aids. This helps. So thats what I would do is ask you doc for a Rx for Atavan and then buy some sleep aids for doing the day. Becuase some how this will help becuase it's been helping me with the issues with this darn Avelox!!!

And man I am never going on it again!!! NEVER!
I was thinking this was all my PMS but I was worng!
God bless

God bless you! Man, I was on Avelox this week and I tell you I am a mess!!!! We have got to talk about this.. I had the same issues with it that you did. I though I was going to kill my self I was so menal on Avelox. I also have awful RLS and had to move all night! In the morning I vomit at the same time everyday. And talk about pooping I poop all day I poop out everything! and still am and I have been off it for 3 days!!!

I also wanted to be moving and be up all night. I just could not sleep! I do somtimes get that way on Levquin and Cipro.

So yes I am still ill and so I asked my doctor for a Rx for a anti-panic-attick med called Atavan. I have been taking it at night to get me to sleep. and somtimes doing the day I am taking sleep aids. This helps. So thats what I would do is ask you doc for a Rx for Atavan and then buy some sleep aids for doing the day. Becuase some how this will help becuase it's been helping me with the issues with this darn Avelox!!!

God bless

God bless

God bless

God bless