My first visit

mtgreen30

My son has had chronic ear and sinus infections because of the CF. He is 12y/o and just had his 15th set of tubes put in and his 14th sinus surgery. His docs say it is common for the infections because of the thick secretions. Good luck

megan

momtojoshua

Hi Everyone
Thanks for your concern. I don't know how to stay possitive, I feel like this is the end of my life and my sons. I do not know if I have what it takes to watch my son suffer. I have a hard time looking at him. It hurts too much. Does this feeling ever go away?
Thanks,
Tina

momtojoshua

Hi Everyone
Thanks for your concern. I don't know how to stay possitive, I feel like this is the end of my life and my sons. I do not know if I have what it takes to watch my son suffer. I have a hard time looking at him. It hurts too much. Does this feeling ever go away?
Thanks,
Tina

momtojoshua

Hi Everyone
Thanks,
Tina

ktsmom

Yes, Tina, as hard as it is to believe it does get better. In my personal experience (our daughter was diagnosed 5 months ago) the feeling hasn't gone completely away but you learn how to integrate it into your life.

If your son is diagnosed with CF there will probably be lots of meds and treatments to do. You will learn a lot about CF. You will live in a new reality - doing the meds and treatments to try to keep the "Could Happens" of this disease away. At this point in our journey, we've got the meds and treatment routine down. But I won't sugar coat it for you - it takes up all of our emotional energy to do the treatment regimen and get everyone to school and work. Laundry, cleaning, cooking - we're still trying to get back to normal in that regard. My kids have eaten more McDonald's in the past 5 months than I care to count!

Our daughter is happy and bubbly and tortures her big sister and goes to preschool 3 days a week and loves to run and play. There are lots of reasons to be hopeful and we find joy in every day.

This is not the end - just a new and VERY DIFFERENT beginning. You will find strength within yourself that you never knew you had.

With warmest regards and hope for you and your family,

Dana
Mom to Katy (3, cf) and Kyra (6, no cf)

ktsmom

Yes, Tina, as hard as it is to believe it does get better. In my personal experience (our daughter was diagnosed 5 months ago) the feeling hasn't gone completely away but you learn how to integrate it into your life.

If your son is diagnosed with CF there will probably be lots of meds and treatments to do. You will learn a lot about CF. You will live in a new reality - doing the meds and treatments to try to keep the "Could Happens" of this disease away. At this point in our journey, we've got the meds and treatment routine down. But I won't sugar coat it for you - it takes up all of our emotional energy to do the treatment regimen and get everyone to school and work. Laundry, cleaning, cooking - we're still trying to get back to normal in that regard. My kids have eaten more McDonald's in the past 5 months than I care to count!

Our daughter is happy and bubbly and tortures her big sister and goes to preschool 3 days a week and loves to run and play. There are lots of reasons to be hopeful and we find joy in every day.

This is not the end - just a new and VERY DIFFERENT beginning. You will find strength within yourself that you never knew you had.

Dana

ktsmom

Dana