My friend's son with cf ****UPDATE****

Diane

I received this email tonight from my friends son who has cf. Please keep him in your prayers................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse is in CHOC P-ICU again with acute kidney failure.
He is incoherent due to the high blood urea levels (encephalopathy), unable to comprehend or communicate anything at this time. Until the early morning hours of the night he was able only to say his name, and he did tell me he loves me, but all other communication has been with his eyes to communicate yes or no answers.

This morning Jesse is receiving a total dialysis treatment daily beginning today. He has many contradictory indications that are not understood at this point and are uncharacteristic of kidney failure, such as an extremely low potassium level as opposed to a very high potassium level that would normally be seen in kidney failure.

He is being kept stable under sedation and put on a ventilator this morning. His vital issues are being monitored by central lines and extensive blood draws, etc.

It is not able to be determined whether Jesse will recover from this. However, when I asked him last night if he wanted to get better, he raised his eyebrows very high.

I'll try to keep us all updated.

Thanks,
Pat

Diane

I received this email tonight from my friends son who has cf. Please keep him in your prayers................................

He is incoherent due to the high blood urea levels (encephalopathy), unable to comprehend or communicate anything at this time. Until the early morning hours of the night he was able only to say his name, and he did tell me he loves me, but all other communication has been with his eyes to communicate yes or no answers.

This morning Jesse is receiving a total dialysis treatment daily beginning today. He has many contradictory indications that are not understood at this point and are uncharacteristic of kidney failure, such as an extremely low potassium level as opposed to a very high potassium level that would normally be seen in kidney failure.

He is being kept stable under sedation and put on a ventilator this morning. His vital issues are being monitored by central lines and extensive blood draws, etc.

It is not able to be determined whether Jesse will recover from this. However, when I asked him last night if he wanted to get better, he raised his eyebrows very high.

Thanks,
Pat

Diane

Thanks,
Pat

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My friend's son with cf

This sounds very scary. I will keep this family in my prayers. How old is Jesse?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My friend's son with cf

This sounds very scary. I will keep this family in my prayers. How old is Jesse?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
My friend's son with cf

JennifersHope

My friend's son with cf

He will for sure be in my prayers and so will his family... When I hear stories like that when they don't understand what happend it always reminds me of adrenal gland failure...

Love and Prayers to the family,

Jennifer

JennifersHope

My friend's son with cf

He will for sure be in my prayers and so will his family... When I hear stories like that when they don't understand what happend it always reminds me of adrenal gland failure...

Jennifer

JennifersHope

My friend's son with cf

Jennifer

momofjosh

My friend's son with cf

My prayers and thoughts are with this young man and his family. These times are so so hard!!! I wish I was half as brave as people with CF and many other diseases!

Kathy

momofjosh

My friend's son with cf

My prayers and thoughts are with this young man and his family. These times are so so hard!!! I wish I was half as brave as people with CF and many other diseases!

Kathy

momofjosh

My friend's son with cf

Kathy

Diane

My friend's son with cf

Thank you for the prayers, i know he and his family need them. Gosh i hope he can pull thru this.........

Diane

My friend's son with cf

Thank you for the prayers, i know he and his family need them. Gosh i hope he can pull thru this.........