My friend's son with cf ****UPDATE****

Diane

I got this email from Patricia today...........................
Hi all.

Today, Saturday, there has been no improvement in Jesse's condition.

On Friday evening I was told that Jesse is culturing Candida and that this infection has colonized him systemically showing in all of his bodily fluids. He is being treated with two anti-fungals, however it has been determined that Jesse is in a severe coma which has left him with only the very basic brain functions - those which allow the heart to continue beating and which support his lung function. The neurologist has explained that Jesse does not have any of his personality or intellectual brain functions at this time.

It has been explained that the fungal infection has entered the brain and is causing brain cell damage. This is in addition to the build up of toxins due to renal (kidney) failure and that this infection is extremely difficult to treat.

Jesse will continue receiving dialysis each day as well as treatment for the fungal infection. Jesse is also receiving maximum pain management.

There are no indicators that Jesse has any advantage to recover, and so while he is not on life support at this time, he is not expected to pull through. I was advised yesterday evening that those who would like to visit Jesse should do so without delay.
Jesse has had several loving visitors and they are all so very much appreciated by me and Jesse.

Diane

I got this email from Patricia today...........................
Hi all.

Today, Saturday, there has been no improvement in Jesse's condition.

On Friday evening I was told that Jesse is culturing Candida and that this infection has colonized him systemically showing in all of his bodily fluids. He is being treated with two anti-fungals, however it has been determined that Jesse is in a severe coma which has left him with only the very basic brain functions - those which allow the heart to continue beating and which support his lung function. The neurologist has explained that Jesse does not have any of his personality or intellectual brain functions at this time.

It has been explained that the fungal infection has entered the brain and is causing brain cell damage. This is in addition to the build up of toxins due to renal (kidney) failure and that this infection is extremely difficult to treat.

Jesse will continue receiving dialysis each day as well as treatment for the fungal infection. Jesse is also receiving maximum pain management.

There are no indicators that Jesse has any advantage to recover, and so while he is not on life support at this time, he is not expected to pull through. I was advised yesterday evening that those who would like to visit Jesse should do so without delay.
Jesse has had several loving visitors and they are all so very much appreciated by me and Jesse.

coltsfan715

I don't know what to say other than I will be keeping this young man and his family in my thoughts and prayers that God may guide them through what lies ahead.

Many Prayers being sent,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I don't know what to say other than I will be keeping this young man and his family in my thoughts and prayers that God may guide them through what lies ahead.

Many Prayers being sent,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Many Prayers being sent,
Lindsey

thelizardqueen

I'm so sorry to hear this. He and his family are in my thoughts and heart. What a brave young guy he is. I so hope that he pulls through this!

thelizardqueen

I'm so sorry to hear this. He and his family are in my thoughts and heart. What a brave young guy he is. I so hope that he pulls through this!

thelizardqueen

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Diane,
I'm so sorry to read this update. Jesse is so young. Please let his mom know that many are praying for Jesse and for her.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Diane,
I'm so sorry to read this update. Jesse is so young. Please let his mom know that many are praying for Jesse and for her.

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Diane,

kayleesgrandma

Oh Diane, this is not what I wanted to see! I'm praying for a miracle, and thinking of his family. I'm so very sorry another family is facing this pain. Let them know everyone here is thinking of them.

kayleesgrandma

Oh Diane, this is not what I wanted to see! I'm praying for a miracle, and thinking of his family. I'm so very sorry another family is facing this pain. Let them know everyone here is thinking of them.

kayleesgrandma