My heart broke this afternoon...

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Maggie starting doing nebs when she was two. We always did CPT since she was born practically. Some things that have helped are giving Maggie a neb to play with(obviously we wouldn't use this one). She could do her "puff-puff" to her baby. All Maggie's baby dolls got CPT by Maggie plus they had plenty of bandaids on them too. Is your daughter using the VEST or is it manual CPT? I found it a struggle to do manual CPT on Maggie, she didn't want to lie down, she'ld try to wiggle away. Sometimes I'ld wait til I knew she was sleepy and then do her CPT kind of holding her and rocking her and she'ld just fall asleep. Our pediatrician told us to alway tell your child what a great job they are doing(even if they are not)when doing something medical to them. Let them know what a big girl they are, how proud you are of them(even when YOU feel like crying). Eventually, the child will fill that role. It worked for both of my children when it comes to medical stuff. Hang in there.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Maggie starting doing nebs when she was two. We always did CPT since she was born practically. Some things that have helped are giving Maggie a neb to play with(obviously we wouldn't use this one). She could do her "puff-puff" to her baby. All Maggie's baby dolls got CPT by Maggie plus they had plenty of bandaids on them too. Is your daughter using the VEST or is it manual CPT? I found it a struggle to do manual CPT on Maggie, she didn't want to lie down, she'ld try to wiggle away. Sometimes I'ld wait til I knew she was sleepy and then do her CPT kind of holding her and rocking her and she'ld just fall asleep. Our pediatrician told us to alway tell your child what a great job they are doing(even if they are not)when doing something medical to them. Let them know what a big girl they are, how proud you are of them(even when YOU feel like crying). Eventually, the child will fill that role. It worked for both of my children when it comes to medical stuff. Hang in there.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

S

sdelorenzo

the vest!! My daughter got hers at 14 months and my son at 17 months. They wouldn't sit still either until they got the vest.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 6 and Jack, 4 both with cf

S

sdelorenzo

the vest!! My daughter got hers at 14 months and my son at 17 months. They wouldn't sit still either until they got the vest.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

AbbysMama

Hi there. We had a much better night tonight. She sat in my lap while she did the nebs with out any problem. She was a little wiggly, but not as bad as the night before. When I started the CPT is was awful. Screaming. Crying. Both of us. Not a pretty sight.

Any ideas how long it takes to get approval through an insurance company for the vest? We just had open enrollment and we'll have to switch insurance companies in January. The Clinic offered to write an order for it when we made the call.

Thanks for your support. I've been blue all day.

AbbysMama

Hi there. We had a much better night tonight. She sat in my lap while she did the nebs with out any problem. She was a little wiggly, but not as bad as the night before. When I started the CPT is was awful. Screaming. Crying. Both of us. Not a pretty sight.

Any ideas how long it takes to get approval through an insurance company for the vest? We just had open enrollment and we'll have to switch insurance companies in January. The Clinic offered to write an order for it when we made the call.

AbbysMama

AbbysMama

AbbysMama

Jaynababy05

It is a tough road, I understand. My daughter (now 2 years and three months) Has been takeing tobi, and cipro for the last year through her nebulizer twice a day for twenty five minutes each time for the past year. It is still a struggle, but putting on a favorite movie or show that she is only allowed to watch during her nebs helped us. I will put Dora on only during her nebs, and then I act like a complete goofball during that time. She sists on my lap so I can hold her in place with her neb, and sing along to theshow, and answer Doras questions, and make the whole experience like it is her special time with only Mama, her and Dora. I'm not sure it will help you, but just try to make that time her "special quality time" not medicine time.

Jaynababy05

It is a tough road, I understand. My daughter (now 2 years and three months) Has been takeing tobi, and cipro for the last year through her nebulizer twice a day for twenty five minutes each time for the past year. It is still a struggle, but putting on a favorite movie or show that she is only allowed to watch during her nebs helped us. I will put Dora on only during her nebs, and then I act like a complete goofball during that time. She sists on my lap so I can hold her in place with her neb, and sing along to theshow, and answer Doras questions, and make the whole experience like it is her special time with only Mama, her and Dora. I'm not sure it will help you, but just try to make that time her "special quality time" not medicine time.

Jaynababy05

Jaynababy05

Jaynababy05