My Neighbor's Second Hand Smoke

bmombtoo

Thanks all!!!!

There is no landlord as we are both homeowners; we've been here about three years longer than them. We get along well and often share meals over the fence. I don't want to rock the friendship but will have to say something. He likes Josh so that may be to my favor.

All suggestions are welcome......

bmombtoo

Thanks all!!!!

There is no landlord as we are both homeowners; we've been here about three years longer than them. We get along well and often share meals over the fence. I don't want to rock the friendship but will have to say something. He likes Josh so that may be to my favor.

bmombtoo

Thanks all!!!!

bmombtoo

Thanks all!!!!

bmombtoo

Thanks all!!!!

bmombtoo

How do I get paragraphs to show up aas paragraphs on the forum? I type it with spaces but it posts all together?

bmombtoo

How do I get paragraphs to show up aas paragraphs on the forum? I type it with spaces but it posts all together?

bmombtoo

bmombtoo

bmombtoo

PlumPerfect

you may also want to check into what is between your wall, if the construction is old or improper then you may get the homebuilders or insurance company to do something. I have lived in a duplex and never did the smoke transfer through walls or floors and it was an old home.. generally the health department should do something and normally if their is a health issue then someone somewhere can fix something

PlumPerfect

you may also want to check into what is between your wall, if the construction is old or improper then you may get the homebuilders or insurance company to do something. I have lived in a duplex and never did the smoke transfer through walls or floors and it was an old home.. generally the health department should do something and normally if their is a health issue then someone somewhere can fix something

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

PlumPerfect

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Could be that if it's an older duplex or twin home that there isn't a "party wall" -- an insulated, double wall, put in place to protect each unit from a fire -- fire wall -- and noise issues.

Maybe in addition to talking to your neighbor you could look to see if there's adequate insulation along the wall and basement ceiling in that area.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Could be that if it's an older duplex or twin home that there isn't a "party wall" -- an insulated, double wall, put in place to protect each unit from a fire -- fire wall -- and noise issues.

Maybe in addition to talking to your neighbor you could look to see if there's adequate insulation along the wall and basement ceiling in that area.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />Maybe in addition to talking to your neighbor you could look to see if there's adequate insulation along the wall and basement ceiling in that area.