My rant

Jennyvb17

I will 4th the therapist, and say maybe an antidepressant may be helpful. I need one, it makes a huge difference, and keeps me getting out of bed in the morning.

Incomudrox

I'm not really going to dig too deeply into this one. A few of the people on the forum know me and it's probably best. I would recommend that you check out my thread in the main section about going back to 60+ FEV1. There is some useful stuff in there. Especially if you are not fond of your medicine.

However I do have a question for you... How and why did you get a script for Marinol. Like when I say how, what was the doctors basis, did you bring it up to them or did they bring it up to you, also what state do you live in?

If I could give any advise, I would say you should really get your head out of your ass before you kill yourself and leave your kids with no mother. You are still in good grounds I think but you really need to bust ass on this. I have some useful tips but I don't want to spill my whole life story on the boards here. If you are interested in what I have to say PM me, or Message me on facebook www.facebook.com/incomudrox or AOL IM is incomudrox.

Incomudrox

I'm not really going to dig too deeply into this one. A few of the people on the forum know me and it's probably best. I would recommend that you check out my thread in the main section about going back to 60+ FEV1. There is some useful stuff in there. Especially if you are not fond of your medicine.

However I do have a question for you... How and why did you get a script for Marinol. Like when I say how, what was the doctors basis, did you bring it up to them or did they bring it up to you, also what state do you live in?

If I could give any advise, I would say you should really get your head out of your ass before you kill yourself and leave your kids with no mother. You are still in good grounds I think but you really need to bust ass on this. I have some useful tips but I don't want to spill my whole life story on the boards here. If you are interested in what I have to say PM me, or Message me on facebook www.facebook.com/incomudrox or AOL IM is incomudrox.

Incomudrox

I won't jeprodize my life because I want to make sure I am there for my kids. I know I need to get a treatment plan and stick with it, but I just haven't found one that works.

About the antidepressant- I have to be on a mood stablizer- which I take Depakote at a high dose- its just GREAT for the liver though NOT! They didn't want to change me because it was working though. I am also on Stratera.

About the Marinol- I hadn't even heard of an appitite stimulant until I lost a little bit of wait and my dr said well lets try this...then I was put on marinol. I live in VA and my dr is military. It works, but when i take it regularly (I only take it if I am having problems maintaing weight like if I am sick/ or mood drops because I don't eat then) I am constantly asked am I ok- apparently it dilates my pupils and the hunger doesn't hit until my nighttime dose so i can't eat enough between 7 or so and when i go to bed.

I won't jeprodize my life because I want to make sure I am there for my kids. I know I need to get a treatment plan and stick with it, but I just haven't found one that works.

About the antidepressant- I have to be on a mood stablizer- which I take Depakote at a high dose- its just GREAT for the liver though NOT! They didn't want to change me because it was working though. I am also on Stratera.

About the Marinol- I hadn't even heard of an appitite stimulant until I lost a little bit of wait and my dr said well lets try this...then I was put on marinol. I live in VA and my dr is military. It works, but when i take it regularly (I only take it if I am having problems maintaing weight like if I am sick/ or mood drops because I don't eat then) I am constantly asked am I ok- apparently it dilates my pupils and the hunger doesn't hit until my nighttime dose so i can't eat enough between 7 or so and when i go to bed.

W

witzersmom

I understand. Sometimes the meds are counterproductive and beat up your body worse. I could also give you our story in private to spare a long forum. I dont know but I wonder if I would benefit from taking my daughter to an alternative doctor with a MEDICAL degree. Sometimes anti depressants can put more stress on already taxed organs.<br><br>I am so sorry you are feeling helpless and only Jesus knows the answers. Do you get lots of anti oxidants? blueberries? omega 3's. Poor diet can also lead to depression. I just dont know myself. Will pray so much for you.<br>

W

witzersmom

I understand. Sometimes the meds are counterproductive and beat up your body worse. I could also give you our story in private to spare a long forum. I dont know but I wonder if I would benefit from taking my daughter to an alternative doctor with a MEDICAL degree. Sometimes anti depressants can put more stress on already taxed organs.<br><br>I am so sorry you are feeling helpless and only Jesus knows the answers. Do you get lots of anti oxidants? blueberries? omega 3's. Poor diet can also lead to depression. I just dont know myself. Will pray so much for you.<br>

W

witzersmom

I agree about the vest. We do manual percussion, nebs, vest for the heck of it but it never did much, and then off the the pool to swim laps. THAT is where the stuff coughs up. If we didnt swim it would not come up. Just a thought, we live in Wisconsin so it raises our spirits to swim in the winter. Local hotels should give you a cf discount. Your kids will love swimming too.

W

witzersmom

I agree about the vest. We do manual percussion, nebs, vest for the heck of it but it never did much, and then off the the pool to swim laps. THAT is where the stuff coughs up. If we didnt swim it would not come up. Just a thought, we live in Wisconsin so it raises our spirits to swim in the winter. Local hotels should give you a cf discount. Your kids will love swimming too.

J

jamest

Sounds like depression, which I understand is a common side effect of CF. Get on some antidepressants, it makes a huge difference. Seriously, night and day.

J

jamest

Sounds like depression, which I understand is a common side effect of CF. Get on some antidepressants, it makes a huge difference. Seriously, night and day.

Printer

You are on track to kill yourself. Get onto the treatment plan that you have and live with it until you get a better plan. Nobody out here likes the path that we have been given and I don't expect you to like your path either but it is your path. If you can afford it go to an civilian APPROVED CF CENTER if only for a one time consult.

If you don't want to think about yourself, think about your kids ans get onto a GOOD track

Good luck,
Bill.

Printer

You are on track to kill yourself. Get onto the treatment plan that you have and live with it until you get a better plan. Nobody out here likes the path that we have been given and I don't expect you to like your path either but it is your path. If you can afford it go to an civilian APPROVED CF CENTER if only for a one time consult.

If you don't want to think about yourself, think about your kids ans get onto a GOOD track

Good luck,
Bill.

tesorotiffa

You say you won't jeopardize your life, yet you are. Guess what... we all feel like *****. Last year I had an FEV1 of 55%, I was still able to get up, do treatments, go to work for 8 hours a day, take care of my house, workout, and end the day with another treatment. My FEV1 is now 66% since I've started exercising almost every day. I do my treatments even if I don't feel like they do anything, why? Because I'm told to. Also because I can see from my lung function that they do serve a purpose. We are grown adults who make our own decisions. You need to get it together and do what you have to do. And yes, I do believe that your mind can make you sicker so if you do need so find someone to talk to, then do that. You have the ability to have control over your life and health. Instead of waiting until you FEEL like doing it, just get up and do it anyway.

tesorotiffa

You say you won't jeopardize your life, yet you are. Guess what... we all feel like *****. Last year I had an FEV1 of 55%, I was still able to get up, do treatments, go to work for 8 hours a day, take care of my house, workout, and end the day with another treatment. My FEV1 is now 66% since I've started exercising almost every day. I do my treatments even if I don't feel like they do anything, why? Because I'm told to. Also because I can see from my lung function that they do serve a purpose. We are grown adults who make our own decisions. You need to get it together and do what you have to do. And yes, I do believe that your mind can make you sicker so if you do need so find someone to talk to, then do that. You have the ability to have control over your life and health. Instead of waiting until you FEEL like doing it, just get up and do it anyway.

TheAmazingBD

WOW. I agree with most on this and seeking help for depression would be your best bet right about NOW!! WHO IS YOUR SUPPORT NETWORK? PARENTS? FAMILY FRIENDS? THEY ALL NEED TO HELP YOU! ASK FOR HELP!! Your mental state will kill you before CF does! STRESS, CF, Children, Marriage issues.....no wonder you feel the way you do.
STOP! Take notice of the fact that you have been blessed to still be here through your short life and you have the option to change your path and heal. You are SO young and your life is SO important. Your path is dangerous, destructive and ultimately going to kill you.

I understand your frustration with medication and exercise. START SLOW. I am not an advocate of drugs and meds, but talk to your CF Dr. and see where you can compromise and start building toward a better health care regiment. EXERCISE IS MANDATORY for CF patients. AGAIN start slow. KUNDALINI YOGA I IS AWESOME build your breath and stamina. YOU MUST DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR YOURSELF!!

I am an advocate of alternative health and mental clarity through simple things like AFFIRMATIONS. You must free your mind of negativity to move forward.

Seriously, "get your head out of your ass" is a nice way to put it. Not to be rude, but please, for the sake of your own life and your children...ask for help from those who are close to you and if they aren't enough...YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY HERE TO REACH OUT AND SEEK GUIDANCE. bless

TheAmazingBD

WOW. I agree with most on this and seeking help for depression would be your best bet right about NOW!! WHO IS YOUR SUPPORT NETWORK? PARENTS? FAMILY FRIENDS? THEY ALL NEED TO HELP YOU! ASK FOR HELP!! Your mental state will kill you before CF does! STRESS, CF, Children, Marriage issues.....no wonder you feel the way you do.
STOP! Take notice of the fact that you have been blessed to still be here through your short life and you have the option to change your path and heal. You are SO young and your life is SO important. Your path is dangerous, destructive and ultimately going to kill you.

I understand your frustration with medication and exercise. START SLOW. I am not an advocate of drugs and meds, but talk to your CF Dr. and see where you can compromise and start building toward a better health care regiment. EXERCISE IS MANDATORY for CF patients. AGAIN start slow. KUNDALINI YOGA I IS AWESOME build your breath and stamina. YOU MUST DO SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR YOURSELF!!

I am an advocate of alternative health and mental clarity through simple things like AFFIRMATIONS. You must free your mind of negativity to move forward.

Seriously, "get your head out of your ass" is a nice way to put it. Not to be rude, but please, for the sake of your own life and your children...ask for help from those who are close to you and if they aren't enough...YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY HERE TO REACH OUT AND SEEK GUIDANCE. bless