My son having trouble with school

lilismom

wouldn't it be helpful to have an IEP as well as a 504? If your son is absent the IEP would cover getting him the lessons he misses while he is at home or a hospital.

lilismom

wouldn't it be helpful to have an IEP as well as a 504? If your son is absent the IEP would cover getting him the lessons he misses while he is at home or a hospital.

lilismom

lilismom

lilismom

momtonick

yes please either send me your 504 or how I would go about getting one thank you all so much for your input I really was questioning myself as to if I had done something wrong thank you again!!!

momtonick

yes please either send me your 504 or how I would go about getting one thank you all so much for your input I really was questioning myself as to if I had done something wrong thank you again!!!

momtonick

momtonick

momtonick

Sakem

You are his mother, and know whether or not he is well enough to go to school and how much is too much.

But I am going to have to take the side of the school a little bit. I do not think that the truancy officer contacting u was that major of an issue. As u said once you explained, it was cleared up. They were just following their policy, which I know u said u were unaware of, but I bet if you look at the school handbook, they give u at the begining of there year, it will probably list this policy.

We have never bothered with an IEP or 504 and my child is in 4th grade. Just never needed it, our school is very good, and I know I can get one if it would be needed, but don't anticipate needing one. Really does it get u anything? I can't think of anything it would get, because the school is already voluntarily accomidating.

You say your child is struggling, and u believe it is a confidence issue....not sure what help u could get with this in an IEP or 504, but prehaps you could speak with the school counselor or the social worker at your clinic. Did u requested the work he missed when he did not go to school?

Sakem

You are his mother, and know whether or not he is well enough to go to school and how much is too much.

But I am going to have to take the side of the school a little bit. I do not think that the truancy officer contacting u was that major of an issue. As u said once you explained, it was cleared up. They were just following their policy, which I know u said u were unaware of, but I bet if you look at the school handbook, they give u at the begining of there year, it will probably list this policy.

We have never bothered with an IEP or 504 and my child is in 4th grade. Just never needed it, our school is very good, and I know I can get one if it would be needed, but don't anticipate needing one. Really does it get u anything? I can't think of anything it would get, because the school is already voluntarily accomidating.

You say your child is struggling, and u believe it is a confidence issue....not sure what help u could get with this in an IEP or 504, but prehaps you could speak with the school counselor or the social worker at your clinic. Did u requested the work he missed when he did not go to school?

Sakem

Sakem

Sakem

pnhuffman

I went to the school the beginning of the school year also. Austin is in the first grade this year. So far they have worked really well with us. He is currently in the hospital for 2 weeks but had missed the week before being admitted. So this is 3 weeks total.

I called his teacher and spoke to her about his absence and she said she was going to check with the principal on how to deal with this since she has never had a student that was out that long.

So when i called her she told me that she had all of his homework gathered up and that the Prinicpal was actually bringing it to the hospital for him. And the hospital is about an hour away from where we live.

He was understanding because his daughter had a really good friend in high school that had CF and she has passed. He gave me his cell phone number if I needed him to pick up his homework to take back to the school. He also said that Austin is a good student but if he starts to fall a little behind that he will make sure that he gets the intervention he needs. And told us not to worry just concentrate on getting well.

He also brought cards from his classmates a, a stuffed monkey and a notebook and markers.

So I am hoping if anything happens they make good on their word. But i think it also helps that we live in a samll community and most of the time the graduating class has no more that 55 kids.

pnhuffman

I went to the school the beginning of the school year also. Austin is in the first grade this year. So far they have worked really well with us. He is currently in the hospital for 2 weeks but had missed the week before being admitted. So this is 3 weeks total.

I called his teacher and spoke to her about his absence and she said she was going to check with the principal on how to deal with this since she has never had a student that was out that long.

So when i called her she told me that she had all of his homework gathered up and that the Prinicpal was actually bringing it to the hospital for him. And the hospital is about an hour away from where we live.

He was understanding because his daughter had a really good friend in high school that had CF and she has passed. He gave me his cell phone number if I needed him to pick up his homework to take back to the school. He also said that Austin is a good student but if he starts to fall a little behind that he will make sure that he gets the intervention he needs. And told us not to worry just concentrate on getting well.

He also brought cards from his classmates a, a stuffed monkey and a notebook and markers.

So I am hoping if anything happens they make good on their word. But i think it also helps that we live in a samll community and most of the time the graduating class has no more that 55 kids.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman