My three year old has bad breath

Tisha

It could be a heavier-than-usual lung infection, that is often the case with me. Or too much medication ruining your stomach.

Tisha

It could be a heavier-than-usual lung infection, that is often the case with me. Or too much medication ruining your stomach.

dyza

just had clinic on Monday, craig also has pretty bad bad breath. His doctor had a look, had a wiff of it, and suggested that it is snot at the back of the nasal cavity right round the bend so to say, hanging down almost into the throat. He said that it smelt musty when he smelled it. That is the most common cause of bad breath apparently, the other being gum disease.
We have started flossing and brushing craig's tongue and it has made an immense difference to his breath.

Is smelt a proper word? LOL

dyza

just had clinic on Monday, craig also has pretty bad bad breath. His doctor had a look, had a wiff of it, and suggested that it is snot at the back of the nasal cavity right round the bend so to say, hanging down almost into the throat. He said that it smelt musty when he smelled it. That is the most common cause of bad breath apparently, the other being gum disease.
We have started flossing and brushing craig's tongue and it has made an immense difference to his breath.

Is smelt a proper word? LOL

dyza

<br />We have started flossing and brushing craig's tongue and it has made an immense difference to his breath.
<br />
<br />Is smelt a proper word? LOL

UNCLoveCF

He could have acid reflux, a lung infection, or sinus infection. I would also have his tonsils checked out. Pseudomonas is known for causing a distinct smell, usually it is a very strong sweet smell though. A recent culture of his lungs and possibly his sinuses may be useful. I believe a visit to your CF doctor and an ENT who specializes in CF sinus disease should be sought out. If your son is not taking anything for reflux, you need to speak to your CF doctor about adding an acid reducer, especially if his breath smells like vomit. My 1 year old niece had breath that always smelled like vomit and she had terrible acid reflux.

UNCLoveCF

He could have acid reflux, a lung infection, or sinus infection. I would also have his tonsils checked out. Pseudomonas is known for causing a distinct smell, usually it is a very strong sweet smell though. A recent culture of his lungs and possibly his sinuses may be useful. I believe a visit to your CF doctor and an ENT who specializes in CF sinus disease should be sought out. If your son is not taking anything for reflux, you need to speak to your CF doctor about adding an acid reducer, especially if his breath smells like vomit. My 1 year old niece had breath that always smelled like vomit and she had terrible acid reflux.

UNCLoveCF